1. hoddsykins

hoddsykins New Member

Review room

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by hoddsykins, Dec 10, 2010.

i posted a review, i had done at least 2 reviews of other stories, and there is nothing bad in the story (by bad i mean swearing and so on), but my thread was closed without even getting a review and all i was left with was a thing saying i should read the rules. i have just read them, and i still can't see that i have done anything wrong.

so my suggestion is very simple, dont give me people a link that doesnt really say what they have done wrong, at least tell people why you have closed their thread.

Sorry about that little bit of a rage, but im sure there are others that have looked at that message you get when your thread is closed and think "errr that means nothing to me"

2. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

If you feel that you have posted two constructive critics for someone, the moderators usually tell us to PM him or her to notify them about that. They will probably unlock the thread once they read your history of the threads/posts you made on the forums. I had this happen to me on other forum websites, and I was infracted for it. I think they will open it back up if you give them evidence with a PM and maybe post the suggestions you made to them with the PM message you intend to post.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

The message posted was quite clear. It says you haven't contributed two constructive reviews. Since you've contributed two reviews, the problem must therefore have been with the constructive element. My guess (without checking) would be that your reviews didn't offer enough suggestions for improvement, or were too vague.

4. hoddsykins

hoddsykins New Member

well that would be nice to be told if that was the problem, and i think my reviews are ok, i cant say great, but i can say helpful. so if thats not the problem its still not clear

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The Review Room is a critiquing workshop. Participants are expected to put in an effort, and we assume that members are capable of reading the explanation of what is and is not constructive critique.

It's all there for you to read.