Is there anyone who has written or is in the process of writing manga?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by handsinthegarden, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell Banned Contributor

I only share non comic related art for now. Alot of the earlier pages need remastering as one improves as they draw so the later stuff blows the earlier stuff away.

Things like fan art.
    [​IMG]

I'm a good digital painter but no where near world class. So there's alot of ground to cover.

2. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Ring binders would be just as annoying for a righty - think about it, what happens when you gotta write on the page on the left?

As for smudging, it's not an issue at all. Again, why on earth would you think a righty wouldn't smudge? The trick is to lift your hand the tiniest bit into the air, so you're hovering over the page. Leftie or righty, you'd still have to do that, unless as a righty you only drew in one direction... but any time you go from the bottom up, or right to left, your wrist and arm would smudge the page. For me, I simply use the joint of my little finger for support - that's the only point that gets black. You know the first joint from the knuckle? There. The point of contact is small enough that you don't honestly see the effect. Besides, these days don't most people do their work on Photoshop anyway? You just do an outline, scan and the rest is digital, right? So why would smudge be an issue? Confession: I haven't done any art in like... a decade. So I'm a bit out of the loop.

My work - you mean writing or art? I did once have a deviant art page, but honestly I don't use it and the art on there's super old lol. As for writing, I have 2-3 pieces in the Workshop on the forum, but I don't normally post my stuff. I do share with those who are interested or wanna exchange critiques, or I tend to approach someone personally for critique.

Below is the first time I did any pencil art since I was about... 19 or maybe 21. I did this for my husband's birthday last year.

20150320_222026.jpg

And below is the old stuff from 2008 lol. These aren't even scans, just photos I took from my phone, so the quality is a little low. And I can't say I'm any good at backgrounds, as you can tell from my "rocks". :D I know some bits are a little "off" but hey, I've never developed it seriously so... :D

DSCN4824.JPG

DSCN4778.JPG

DSCN4775.JPG

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017