1. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

I am writing my first long horror story

Discussion in 'Horror' started by Mans, Apr 16, 2013.

It seems to be an attractive story for watcher ! Why watcher ? Because in fact I am writing a story to turn it into an amazing scenario and I think I can. What makes me despondent is that if I write this story or scenario, will there any supporter for me like movie makers or director to choose it? Because I don't like to do a work that its end is vague and abortive. I am sure about my ability but am not sure about the fruit of my art and it dependent on my access to the movie suppliers. It will become an absorbing movie specially with a proper music in the background of the movie. The fear which I am creating in this story is not some sudden horror rather it is an alternate scare mixed with the shady paranormal puzzles. I hope to be confident enough to continue it.I will send the first part of this story to the WF

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

writing screeplays is a very different thing from writing prose, mans... you will have to learn how to write in proper script format and spec script style... that is not easy for most people... you can email me for my 'tools of the trade' list that includes the best how-to books for learning this craft, which is the most specialized of all the writing arts...

i mentor both writers of prose and screenwriters, so if you need help along the learning path, i'm only a mouse click away...

as for what will result if you are able to turn out a proper script, that will depend on whether the story is marketable or not... and whether you can get an agent to take it on...

are you writing for the hollywood or UK film industry, or for your own country's?

love and hugs, maia

3. Mans

Yes I know there is an essential difference between writing the screenplay and prose writing. A script is a collection of technical explanation about functions, movement and states of the actors also the locations, effects and sounds in every plan or sequence of a movie. It doesn't deal with a story directly rather it establishes the techniques to make a story visually. A screenplay mostly deals with camera and actors and pay to such interactive behaviors therefore it is very different with a story text and content:)
    The first my step is writing the story itself because I am not in need of any particular technique in this manner. Then I shall write a simple screenplay based on it and eventually it is prepared to deliver a professional script writer to edit and expand it.

My purpose is a famous movie maker company but first of all I have to write a surprising story and If it is confirmed by that company then I will be hopeful my labor will be fruitful. In order that my story approach to the success I have to write this story based on Us or UK people's custom and their society traditions. For example I have to chose the English names for characters and places. :)

4. Mans

Yes. You are right I am wise. My English is not pleasant yet but I have to write the story in English because my purpose is writing a story accompany practicing English. What's important is the story itself. Some of my failures in English is reparable by an expert editor. As I said previously, my main purpose of coming to this forum was learning English via conversation. I suppose it is the best method to learn a language up to date but I don't deny that studying grammar books is the second part of the learning but sorrily I am not gay to study! Nonetheless I will pay more attention about writing the story than writing a comment in the forum :)

5. mammamaia

i hope you understand that both of those chores will be extremely costly... good editors do not come cheap... and cheap editors are not going to be good enough to get your work up to publication/production quality...

6. Mans

Thank you maia. You often enlighten me frankly and it is very beneficial for me. So based on your comment I have to improve myself! and stand on my own feet (although it seems difficult)! Because, each type of the both editors you mentioned is as a kind problem for me. Oh my God , where I can find a free expert editor ? :D

7. mammamaia

i'm a professional editor [i would have to admit to 'expert' in all humility] who can charge less than the going rates because i don't have to do it for a living... but i can help you to some extent at least, in my role as a writing mentor, for free...

i've been able to teach many new writers how to edit their own work and perhaps we can get you to that stage, so you won't have to mortgage the house or sell your eldest son, in order to hire an editor to do it for you... ;)

8. Mans

But maia ,I am a rich man enough and can buy whatever I desire and can gift you, your son or daughter whatever you love without expecting you any reward :)

9. mammamaia

that's kind and generous of you, but why don't we try free mentoring, first?... it may well be all you need...