1. rml8607

rml8607 New Member

Goosebumps and Fear Street

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by rml8607, Oct 27, 2007.

Did anyone use to read Goosebumps or Fear Street?

2. sakira_starwolf

sakira_starwolf Active Member

Oh, Goosebumps...Cartoon Network is running the somewhat crappy show version of it right now, has all day.

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

omg, i love Goosebumps,, books and series. they used to scare me the TV series, although Are You Afraid of the Dark was scarier.

and i have a Goosebumps make your own ending book and some normal ones, they were really good when i was little. :D

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I can remeber Goosebumps. :)
    I enjoyed it untill I found out about Ghost Stoies on BB2 at 2 in the morning every wedensday.
    I used to stay up for that, I was shatterd in the morning.

5. dushechka

dushechka New Member

I watched an episode for the first time a few months ago, as I was never allowed to as a kid. I have to say... My expectations were too high. :p

I didn't read the books either, as I was probably around 9 or 10 when they were really popular, and as such, being in a Christian home and whatnot, that wasn't a very good thing to read. Heh.

6. Heather Louise

haha,, you missed out on a whole boat load of fun. the one that was my favourite was you got to pick the end. you would start on page one, and at the bottom of the page it tells you wgat page to turn to next, like page 45 or something. and every now and then it would give you a mutliple choice question, like go left or right, and you would turn to the page it told you to go to for your answer. there was like 20 different endings. :p

7. Lemex

The only two Goosebumps things I remeber was the Carival one that was full of Ogres or somthing :confused: and one in a large, empty mannor.
    I liked them, but Ghost Stories was better. :p

8. Heather Louise

i don't know. i had one where some guys were dressed up as jack-o-lanterns, and one called "say cheese and die" and one about the haunted mask. that used to scare me. and there was the one aboutt he ghost dog and the kids had their own grave dug, and a fair were the ghost train broke down and one where there was giant bigs and one about a killer cat. god there was millions

9. Lemex

I can remeber one episode of Ghost Stories in which an insomniac woman stepped into a cursed lift and not long into the jouney the walls split away and became a strage un-reality full of dead and dieing bodys.

And people wonder why i'm weird :p

10. Heather Louise

i know, the kiddies shows were really scary. like Are you Afraid of the Dark, i used to go to bed and wet myself after watching them. can't really remember any episodes though, except the one with the canibals. :eek:

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I read a few Goosebumps books to my kids. However, the dialog was so horrible that my kids started just making fun of it, and by popular demand, dropped R L Stine from the reading list.

12. Heather Louise

oww,, how old were your kiddies at the time because at 7, when i was reading them mainly, i wouldn't have had a clue about something like that :p

13. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm not sure. I think it was before I read The Lord of the Rings to them, so probably early teens for my son, 9 or 10 for my daughter. It was a while ago.

14. knoxvicious

knoxvicious New Member

I LOVE Goosebumps! Even though I'm 16 XD
    R.L Stine is what GOT me into reading! Which was big, since I was considered VERY horrible.

I remember when I was in third grade, whenever we went to the library I ALWAYS went to the Goosebumps section to find a new book. He's what really helped me and I really respect a man like that.

15. Tori

Tori New Member

I used to read Goosebumps books. I did like them but I perfered to read Animorphs when I was younger!

16. MarcG

MarcG New Member

Animorphs were great. Never really got into Goosebumps. Rather too twilight zone-esque for my tastes.

Are You Afraid of the Dark, however, was amazing. The only lame episode was the "Phone Police". Other than that there was the ghost that could only be killed with silver, the pool spirit, the crazy people out in the woods near the summer camp, and a bunch of others.

17. Aurica

Aurica New Member

I remember watching that show. I think I remember seeing the Animorphs books in my brothers rooms too.

18. Heather Louise

Some of theirs were terrifiying to watch at about 8. Like the canobal one, jesus it waa like watching Hanibal :p

19. Milady

Milady Active Member

I used to read the Goosebump books, but eventually I tired of them. Like Cogito said, the dialogue was horrible, and even if I didn't quite put it that way at ten I still knew something about them bored me.

Heather, I agree about the choose-your-own adventure books--still horrible dialogue and ungainly second-person narrative, but it was fun going through it multiple times to see where you get. Eventually I'd just flip through the book and read all the THE END's to see what the worst one was and then try to get to it... >.<

20. Heather Louise

Hehe, I did the exact same thing. Or I would check both ways and see which looked better :p