1. auerrotts

auerrotts New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by auerrotts, Dec 18, 2007.

Hi, I am new here and like alot of you I am not great with introductions. Ha Ha. I am glad I found this website. I am also on another website where several of my chapters from other stories have received great feedback and I thought I would give this site a try. I am the mother of two boys. I also have 2 Rottweilers, a long haired chihuahua, 10 cats, 2 rats, and an amazon parrot. I am an avid reader and enjoy reading several different authors...Sandra Brown, Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts, Harlen Coben, Heather Graham, and many many more. I love to write and have several unfinished Novels going. Currently working on a draft for a new one that has yet to be titled. In the past I have entered writing contests and have had the pleasure of placing 2nd. in one of those which has inspired me to keep writing. Hopefully one of these days I will actually finish a novel and become a published author.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello auerrotts, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

That certainly sounds like an active household!

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Writing Workshops, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Writing Workshops, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Writing Workshops on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just bulletin boards for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

Wow, awesome introduction. Welcome to the forums! :) Look foward to reading your work.

4. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site, Auerrotts :)

Two Rottweilers, huh? I absolutely love the breed, hope to own at least one one day. I currently own two Siberian Huskies, two mutts and a Golden Retriever :)

Good luck with your writing, I hope to see some of it soon.

5. auerrotts

auerrotts New Member

Yes 2 Rotts and a litter due Jan. 23rd. I also love the breed and have owned Rotts for over 20 years.

6. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

Welcome to the site! Dogs are great (and kitties). Me and my hubby own three cats, and three dogs: Siberian Husky, Golden Retriever, and Border Collie. They are my babies! They all have Cougar names too (which is a long story)... The Husky's name is Cougar, the Golden Retriever is Puma, and the Border Collie is Omakatyo (which is the Blackfoot Indian word for Cougar!). I hope you enjoy the site!

7. ILTBY

Are you a breeder? If so, what's your prefix? Would love to look you up and see your dogs :)

8. urour

urour New Member

You are welcome.

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It is wonderful that you have come to join us here and I do hope that you find your stay pleasant and very helpful.

There are so many thign to sink your eyes into and all that stuff, lol so sit down with a feed and drink and get reading and replying :D Hope to see you around the board real soon

torana

10. auerrotts

auerrotts New Member

I guess you could say I am a very private breeder. I am very picky as far as who my puppies go home with and most go home with people that have bought pups from me before or clients for a vet I use to work for. Because of their reputation I am almost too picky and have actually pissed a few people off because I would not sell to them. I am not in it for the money cause there really is not much money to be made...between shots, wormings, tails, etc. I am not a breeder who gives one shot and sends them along, I keep everything up to date regardless of how long I keep them. They are a very misunderstood breed and thats why I love them. They are an awesome dog and I would not have any other. (maybe a mastiff though....LOL) Anyway call me stupid but what do you mean by what is my prefix??????? my dogs are gorgeous and 99% of the people that have bought dogs from me always bring them back for visits.

11. bicker

bicker Active Member

good to see you here

12. ILTBY

Fair enough, that's good to hear :) And yes, I can understand what you mean about them being misunderstood. They're one of those 'aggressive' breeds like Staffies, Amstaffs, Pitbulls, Dobermans, etc :rolleyes:

A prefix is like a kennel name that registered breeders have.

13. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Well, your an animal girl I see :p I hope you like it here and if you recieve any negative feedback, don't feel down. Every negative critique is a great blessing, because doing something wrong is worse than being perfect. Because then you know you're wavering away from reality. It'll only help. Also, if you need any help contact me anytime, anywhere (but only internet please ;)).

14. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.