1. danica

danica New Member

It's alive! Alive!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by danica, Apr 13, 2008.

Hello everyone! I had a breakthrough today in the story I've been working on for months now. So with that boost of confidence still running through my system, I've decided to leave the Land of Lurking and introduce myself. :D

My name is Danica. (Very creative username, I know! lol) I'm 23 years old, and I live in Texas, unfortunately for me. I've been writing for most of my life, and I've always felt it was what I needed to do, not just something I enjoyed doing. I've had a long running problem of ideas being too plentiful (or the well being absolutely dry), and not being able to finish anything longer than a short story. Today, though, I finished what I assume is a novella, but I'm not sure because it's all crammed up in a spiral notebook with no easy way to get a word count. :D But it was a really big step for me, especially now that I can finally answer back "Yes!" when someone asks if I've had any luck with "that book you're supposed to be writing". :p

Anyhow, before this turns into a novel itself, thanks for having me, and I hope to learn a lot here. :)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Danica, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Congratulations on the breakthrough, ride that exhileration through into the first revision pass, if you can.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.

4. nburwell

nburwell New Member

Welcome, Danica and congratulations on the completion of your story!

~Natalie

5. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Heyur Danica, welcome to the wf.org. I am Heather and can usually be found on here at least once a day. If you would ever like anything reviewing, want to chat or need some help with anything, then send a PM my way and I'll see what I can do. Hope you enjoy it here.
    Heather

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hi Danica, congratulations with the story :) Welcome to the forum.

7. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Hello and welcome to WF. If you are into RPG and stuff like that, check out the one I just started. Its called Flight of the Icarus. Thanks!

8. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Hey there :) Welcome to the Forums