1. J.C Adkins

J.C Adkins Member

J.C's progress journal.

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by J.C Adkins, May 7, 2015.

Hello everyone :)
    I'm currently working on the first of a series of novels.
    Title: WIP
    Genre: Drama/Horror with a romantic subplot.
    Target age: around 17/18 - 44
    Setting: Michigan, mainly around the southern part of the LP around Late summer/Early fall 2036, over a year since nuclear war.
    First Conceived: Late 2014, however with a quite different idea of the storyline.
    First started: I started outlining around the end of April, I started writing the first chapter around May 3rd.
    Premise: A mother (Maggie) and her daughter (Olivia) escaped from a dystopian cult-run state that controlled most of the South and Midwest. They make their way to a large settlement called the Grand River society, which must defend itself and the region against that state. Maggie was cautious to engage in a relationship with another man, but slowly a relationship was starting to develop with the man who saved her life. However, she had very strong feelings for an unexpected visitor. Feelings she didn't really like or understand.

Chapters done: 1
    Words: 2325

I hope to complete chapter 2 and be onto chapter 3 this week.
    I also want to start up a blog for marketing/networking purposes, I don't expect to get much done with this anytime soon, painfully introverted.

2. J.C Adkins

J.C Adkins Member

So far still been fixing up the first chapter. I had 5 different scenes, two of them were only 200-300 words long, and the other three were only 6-700.
    I noticed where I took a shortcut in the first chapter by not including the chase that happened between two scenes. I wasn't sure how I was going to "lose" the pursuers giving MC enough time to hide in a tree.