Jade Goody

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Bard of Wigan, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Or a documentary of her life on BBC 2 perhaps...
    'Jade Goody - a Modern Heroine'

Look up Nicole Dryburgh...now she is deserving of publicity.

2. Where Lunatics Prosper

Where Lunatics Prosper New Member

Point taken, and indeed what you say is more or less correct. I suppose both parties are at fault - Goody for inviting the media to make a circus over her death, and the media for showing absolutely no tact, restraint or sense of human dignity whatsoever. And for not having the willpower to ignore her and leave her be. As you said, they never have and they most likely never will, sadly.

3. ManicParroT

ManicParroT New Member

Quick question: How is this thread not part of the media circus over her death, just like the stupid facebook groups?

If you want people to stop talking about her, you should start with yourself.

Finally: http://isjadegoodydeadyet.com/

4. pacmansays

pacmansays New Member

I don't wish cancer upon her or anyone for that matter but it doesn't have to mean I like her.

A lot of people suddenly like her because she has, but what has having a medical condition got anything to do with liking her? I understand sympathy for her family and so forth but don't suddenly like her because she's dying

5. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Becuase it's a personal discussion on a forum,

not a massive coverage & ugly photographs slapped on every newspaper.

Plus we arent supporting her - they are.

i think we've had worse, less relevant topics discussed on this forum before. Not that they last long...:rolleyes:

This one comes with a reason atleast - lots of people are offended by this for good solid reasons, in fact.

6. Addicted2aa

Addicted2aa New Member

Well part of our discussion is what are the implications that people are paying attention to her, not so much what is actually going on in her life, so that's how it is different. I personally don't have much to say about her except I'll be glad when she's dead, so that at least it will be over.

7. The Bard of Wigan

The Bard of Wigan New Member

I feel a great amount of empathy for your plight Ashleigh. But my overriding feeling is of one of great pity for you.

"When they look back on their photo's, all they'll see is their idiot mother displaying her bald head proudly as though sickness is something to be bold about."

Such comments lack any real understanding, maybe in your case you'll learn as you grow.

With respect

Bard

8. Ashleigh

I know that with any genuine person, displaying a hairless head as a result of cancer treatment would not be some pathetic statement of pride, but of their strength in a hard situation.

However, Jade Goody isn't a genuine person. She's an attention seeker. I dont feel this way about any other cancer patient but her.

So, no, it isn't a lack of understanding, it's a lack of trusting somebody with her reputation.

Please dont patronise me because of my age. I'm struggling with my situation in exactly the same way that my 47 year old mother is.

Age does not make coping with death and sickness any easier, nor will it make me take Jade Goody into consideration when it comes to a genuine display of strength - she's doing it for the camera, end of.

9. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Sorry to but in here, but as she's just said, HER GRANDDAD'S DYING.

Obviously she HAS an understanding of this and UNDERSTANDS that Jade Goody is just grabbing money for the hell of it with no regard to how her kids are left. The paper's have done a complete U-Turn, sucking up to the all-powerful Goody (and incidentally forgetting that she's a racist cow who's only famous because she's been on BIG BROTHER) because IT SELLS PAPERS. And, of course, IT MAKES HER LOOK GOOD.

There, I got involved. Now let the torrent of disagreement flow over me like a river of BRICKS, I don't care.

10. The Bard of Wigan

Why the hate filled description Ashleigh? It's not like you know the woman or anything about her other than how she is portrayed/portrays herself? Such strong reactions are extreme when talking about what amounts to a young mother who is about to leave two innocent young children behind.

As a professional in the field of mental health it intrigues me to know why you feel so strongly?

11. Xeno

It's interesting how easily you seem to forget the whole RACIST thing.

12. Ashleigh

Because I know first hand what cancer looks like, and for ****s sake that isn't it. She does not look like a woman dying of cancer. She looks like some rich made-up tart, and headlines like 'The angels are calling me' make me sick to my stomach.

I know what cancer does to a family. My family have collapsed and rebuilt time and time again after cancer has hit us, and now, i'm losing my beloved grandad.

What she represents sickens me, Bard. I could'nt give a crap about her age or the fact she has two kids.

My grandad has an entire family that loves him and i am not going to let that precious love be tarnished by some disgusting act put on by her in the media.

13. The Bard of Wigan

So because she doesn't look like she's got cancer then she isn't suffering? Or her family?

People do very odd things when faced with dying. Not only do I have personal experience, as we all do, but as a nurse and latterly a therapist I have professional experience too.

I just don't agree with your opinion. It is hard to be sympathetic at times but it is always the better thing to do. Negativity eats away at the soul.

As always

respect Bard

14. The Bard of Wigan

My aim was not to patronise you in any way, shape or form. I'm aware of your situation.

With certain things I will take the piss, with personal suffering I don't. My comment was not about your age, but about personal growth.

Love & respect

Bard

15. Xeno

I wouldn't call someone who's making ****loads of money from dying really suffering at all. I'd say her family's going to suffer more from the invasion of privacy that she's putting them through.

If I was as famous as her, I certainly wouldn't want my death to be a bloody circus. And that's what it's degenerating into.

If I'm faced with someone who's famous FOR NO REASON, and seems intent on clinging to that fame right up until his/her last breath, then I naturally will not like that person.

16. Ashleigh

No, the fact that she's still prancing around in the limelight and has the energy to stick false eyelashes on everyday and still get her nails done tells me she isn't suffering, and even if she IS suffering, she's a disgrace to the very term. She's mocking sickness - she's attempting to appear stronger than all other cancer victims, simply because she wasn't sensible enough to close the doors and die in peace.

Your experience in the field gives you absolutely no right to judge my reaction, nor does it give you any insight into my individual situation.
    And for the final time, I know what death does to a family and I know how people react. Your experience in charging people money to pour their hearts out does not match up to my personal experiences at home, and i'm finding it quite insulting that you assume I should take your points into consideration just because you work in that area.
    I certainly can't see how that gives you the right to abandon tact, manners, and subtlety towards something that is fragile to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.