1. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Jedward, what the hell are they anyhow?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Prophetsnake, Dec 18, 2011.

The usual rules apply; I expect to see this thread completely off topic and taken over by you-know-who inside of twenty posts or I shall KKKomplain to a mod.

2. Alex W

Alex W New Member

One of the main mods (who thankfully is not currently around on here, hopefully it's nothing to serious but the chap doesn't like me) he warned me that I could be given a ban for suggesting that the American movie industry did not like an unhappy ending.

I know, how dare I. See? Completely off-topic for you.

Jedward need/should/must be thrown into a large container and left until the dawn of the apocolypse. Only then shall they released, as a threat to the four horsemen that if they come down here, we'll give those two a four album contract.

It's always good to have a back-up plan for such things, they're mine.

3. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Oh god. They live uncomfortably close to me, but on the plus side at least i have stopped worrying about Sellafield.
    and someone threatened to bar you for that?

4. Alex W

Alex W New Member

Have you considered a ludicrous application of Napalm at any point? Perhaps a piano drop from a large drop? No?....

And indeed he did. He warned me that I would be given some kind of infraction for spreading anti-American rhetoric, or something like that. I was genuinely just trying to chat about the film-making industry and a documentary I had watched the night before mentioned that topic.

A very harsh entry to this forum me thinks! I buggered off for a few months after that, put me off entirely.

5. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Oh yes, I have certainly considered it. Well that whole Xfactor thing or whatever it was they were on is just about as crap as it gets.

Censorship sucks. I prefer usenet, but I have been to lazy to get all geared up for it again.

6. Alex W

Alex W New Member

I hate that program. They filter out all the less-generic singers and then the few who are very good at their own thing get changed into a more generic singer over time, ruining them completely. A real shame that it's still considered a real judge of talent rather than a cash cow for Mr Cowell, which it really is. Of course they bring through some singers, but they damage the music industry I think. Anythink remotely different and you're probably not going tp get anywhere near winning it. Shame.

I was King of the Board on the main Derby County forum, which was then taken down. I got quite well known on the next one but decided to leave after being softly banned (I was a moderator for a time!) and the chap I was banned for having a go at himself was called out on air by a Derby County legend for talking crap and was then subsequently banned for flat out racism. I left shortly after they re-instated me, bastards made an enemy that day :D

Writerscafe.org was ok for a while, too many bloody emo kids who want to die because they weren't allowed out that weekend though. Got really annoying after a while, every other story was a Twilight spin-off, my comedic pieces weren't joined by many other cheery pieces from other users. Decided to quit it.

7. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Well usenet, particularly the alt. sections are very uninhibited, though BBs like this have syphoned off a lot of people in the last few years. Uncontained lunacy is the order of the day and some very heavy people are there, though they tend not to bein the alt. zoo, but in the sci. or rec. newsgroups. i was using rec.arts.poetry for a long time and it was very good, but there was an insane ( but extremely entertaining) flame war going on with one of it's denizens whose was fond of posting poetry that favored paediphilia. It went real life for a few people which provided even more hilarity and , in fact, I think it is probably still going on.

8. Alex W

Alex W New Member

Sounds a very strange place to be! I suspect it could be a pretty dodgy place to be though with those subjects being discussed.

9. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Well, only a complete idiot lets anyone know where they live.

To see one such example, google rec.arts.poems and Chuck Lysaght.

10. Alex W

Alex W New Member

Perhaps I will do that on a friends computer, I don't want to be linked to anything if that poem is flagged ;) I take it the chap isn't too smart?

11. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Chuck? for a while he was living in his Buick. You'd really have to search to see the poems. they were posted years ago and everything since has just been most of usenet kicking him around. the best place to look is via google groups. go to the google page and click on groups then insert rec.arts.poems and you will see the magnitude of the lunacy. I haven't been there for a fe years, but I just had a look-see and it's as nuts as ever.
    It's pretty easy to ignore that crap there, though. Just like here. And it tends to be unmoderated ( the sci groups are usually moderated, you don't need the likes of Chuck Lysaght in sci.physics.particles, though they do turn up in those places. )