1. GerryLuvzBookz

GerryLuvzBookz New Member

Recent book-to-film adaptations

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by GerryLuvzBookz, Feb 9, 2011.

Two recent ones I have watched:

Tamara Drewe - The film is a rather witty British comedy on love and sex. The title character Tamara Drewe is played by the very beautiful Gemma Arterton. Not many other notable appearances, but all of the characters are hilarious. The film is based on a comic strip/graphic novel by the same title. That comic strip was regarded as a modern reworking on Thomas Hardy's novel "Far from the Madding Crowd." I noted several references to Hardy's work. Didn't really have any expectations going into it and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it.

[​IMG]

Justified - a show on FX. New season actually begins tonight. The first season was extremely entertaining. I picked it up on DVD recently. A contemporary cowboy show, with an old-school "no B.S." lead character in Timothy Olyphant. He plays U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens. The series is based on some stories by Elmore Leonard. I think the show's creators did an excellent job. Very enjoyable.

[​IMG]