Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Jill Stein

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Steerpike, Feb 19, 2016.

I voted for Dr. Stein and Cheri Honkala in the last election. Since the two big parties get all the coverage, I thought I'd boost the signal here. If you want to know more about Jill, go to:

http://www.jill2016.com/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    123456789 likes this.
  2. Robert Musil

Robert Musil Contributing Member

I also threw a vote the Green Party's way back in 2012, and probably will again this year.

It's funny, back in 2000 when Nader made probably the most serious run of any Green candidate*, I carried on a running argument with my mother about why she had to vote for Gore, Nader was a wasted vote, etc. etc. and now we've completely switched--in 2012 she was a staunch Obama supporter and I was like "Obama's a squish, we need a radical change etc."

*Yes, I'm aware how comical that sounds

3. Acanthophis

Acanthophis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Contributor

I know Elizabeth Warren is the fan-favourite for VP under Bernie Sanders, but I think if he becomes the nominee he should choose her (Stein) as his running mate. It would bring the Green Party to the public eye, which would be good. It's extremely unrealistic for her to run for president, but come next election cycle, if she does a good job, the Greens could become the true third party to upset the status quo and bring the desperate change we need. This would also send s message to all the other first world nations to clean up their act. No country is doing a good job with going green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.