1. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Site-Wide Fiction World

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mugen shiyo, Aug 7, 2011.

Would it be cool if everyone on the site could get together and create an entirely new world? I mean, we would all decide on a world and people could group themselves into nations or whatever and everyone writes their own fan fics about the world. When we piece these fan fics together, our world grows with the imagination of every writer. everyone's character is taken into account and can be used in another persons story. Maybe only the person who actually invents a character can decide if they will die or agree to them having died in someone elses story. Wars and such can be written about. Basically, we create a huge interactive world where we update what happens in all parts with out writing.

Anyone think that's possible?

Also, you decide on things like whatever magic, science, power, weapons, creatures, anything you can think on and is agreeable with everyone else who participates- or a majority of those people. And the time the world takes place in, whether it involves space as well, so on and so on.

2. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

I think It'd be possible, IF we can get enough people to do this.
    My personal opinion is I think this would be fun and actually I'd think It'd help as a writer.

3. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sounds like a site wide RPG. I think some people would be up for it but you'd have a job getting everyone to participate. If you want to kick start it, make a thread in the RPG section (may take a few days to be accepted by mods though). I'd join.

4. AurorSeeker

AurorSeeker New Member

this world will be kinda fun xD i'm in if you really create this,

5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Interesting idea. I'd like to see how you do it.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This would only be acceptable either as an RPG or in Word Games.

7. WriterDude

WriterDude Contributor Contributor

I love the idea, but it would require a lot of work, and let's face it, who is going to read our stories? One way to solve it is to set up a website for the world and let everyone who wants (even non-forum members) write stories in it. That way anyone can read the stories, and they won't drown in the list of stories. We could have a link to each writer and his/her/their stories, a link to stories set in a specific place in the world and so on. It makes it easy to sort the stories and find the one we want. :)

8. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

Sounds like fun.

9. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Cool. I'll put something about it in the RPG section, though it's not really RPG in that people are not playing specific characters (unless they want to). They are writing stories about different or overlapping events in the world. They invent the world, the characters, and the places as they go along, and the people who read and take an interest in it build on the ideas they find.

But thanks for answering up, everyone. We'll see where it goes from here. :D

10. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

I'll look forward to reading it.