Jurassic Park: Caustic Amber

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Oasis Writer, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bick

Bick New Member

Danner noticed the first two vans were all ready full, and quickly ran for the last one. He looked at the mess of luggage in the back and quickly began to pile it in a more organized fashion. He then put their luggage on top. He grabbed his son’s shoulder and motioned for him to follow.

He opened one of the side doors, and pulled himself in. His massive frame seemed to be too much as he bent over uncomfortably. He pulled himself in, sitting in the back seat. His head touched the sealing, annoying the back of his head greatly. His son came in after him, sitting in the middle seat. He looked over at the young woman next to him, she was reading a book. He gave her a gentle salute.

“The names Robert Dannicker, and this is my son Chase Dannicker.” He said. He put his hand forward, “What’s your name?”

The woman looked up from her book and took in the massive man and his son sitting next to her. She gave him a small smile and shook his outstretched hand.

"I'm Hailey Mitchell. Nice to meet you both." she looked down, feeling uncharacteristically shy. "So what brings you two here?"

Danner mustered a smile over his lips, making sure not to bare his teeth. It was a bad habit of his, and he knew from experience his smiles could scare.

“I’m here for business, stocks and advertisement opportunities.” His eyes shone at the idea, he couldn’t wait to talk it over.

Chase put on his earphones, giving the woman a small wave.

“He’s here to ignore his father and look at the pretty dinosaurs.” Danner added with a laugh.

Hailey laughed. "I'm here for business too...though not necessairly by choice. More as punishment." She looked down at her lap, her face flushing slightly red. "So you two actually believe that there are going to be dinosaurs here? Living, breathing, honest-to-goodness dinosaurs?"

Danner thought about it. He hadn’t actually thought about it too hard. He knew whether or not there were dinosaurs he would be getting a vacation from work. He thought of all the leaps and bounds his company was making with the computer techknology. He thought of all the scientists and all the possilities.

“Not to sound like a dreamer.” He started. For it was a fact, he wasn’t a dreamer. He relied on facts, but for once he was going to let the idea of living dinosaurs be his theory, “I think anything is possible. If they say there’s dinosaurs then maybe there are. Of course… if there aren’t. My company has some lawyers to take care of them.”

Hailey smiled and nodded. She turned in her seat so she was facing Danner and placed her elbow over the back of her seat.

"I guess that's a good way to look at it. I'm more of a skeptic, myself. I'm just hoping to get a good tan out of this trip," she paused and then continued again, "and I think that's all my boss is hoping I get too, considering this is supposed to be a sort of time-out project for me."

“Stress?” he asked, “Break from work I’m supposing?” He understood that. He knew, that’s partly what this was for even him. Though, he knew if he screwed up this deal his bosses wouldn’t be very happy. Even though, he was at the top, there was always someone above him watching his every move. Stress, he definitely knew stress.

“I’m definitely here to get a tan.” He added with a wink.

"You sure could use a tan!" she laughed, comparing her pale skin compared to his dark, muscular arms.

"Stress at work is something I've just grown accustomed to, I suppose," she said. "I'm a journalist. I'm actually supposed to be in South Africa right now covering a story, but I sort of missed my plane. So instead, I'm here." The last sentence came across with a rather bitter tone.

He gave a nod and managed to muster a genuine smile.

“Better here the South Africa if you ask me.” He started, “Here, the foods good and cheap and the company will be great.” He tried to say his words with as much enthusiasm as he could pull out.

“But Hailey. I think we’ve gotten to know each other well enough.” He took her hand gently, shaking it once more, “Call me Danner. Robert is my work name. I think if we stick together, your time at the park will be much better then in South Africa.”

Hailey smiled, "It was very nice to meet you and get to know you better, Danner. And I really hope you're right...something good has to come out of this!"

She opened her book to the dogeared page and began to read again.

He smiled at her, and looked down at his son. He flicked the earphones, quickly turning away. He heard a laugh come from his son as he rested his head at the window.

2. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

The vans had arrived, with not much ado. Laerisk was the first spot them, and had pulled his fiancee along so as to get the best seats. Though the pull had been a simple one, Laerisk did not realize his strength as Kariv winced.
    "Hey, you almost broke my arm!"
    She complained, but Laerisk was rather interested in the getting in the front.

"Shush. We need to be quick."
    "Quick my foot! You broke my arm!"
    Before another reply, Kariv found herself tucked right behind the guide, and was snarling at Laerisk but at the same time observing the people who were to accompany them.

"Now...what were you saying?"
    "You almost broke my arm!"
    "Oh...uh, I quite didn't mean to, madame moiselle. Sorry."
    "Sorry my foot."
    She grumped and looked away.

David looked at Morocco. A year ago, he wouldn't have given a damn. Everything was so bright and colorful. He watched all the people running around like ants and shook his head.
    "None of it matters, just enjoy the sun, the colors, and food. Oh what's the use, none of you will listen until it's too late."

"Is this your bag? If so, could you please keep it on your side, it's blocking the way."
    He smiled at the Kariv and gave her a quick look over. He nodded towards her friend. "Sure thing."
    His foot kicked the bag underneath a seat.
    "So ... do you think it's true? I mean the whole bit about the Dinosaurs. Oh, I'm sorry, the name's David."

Katz tapped Laerisk in the arm. It was friendly but strong slap.
    "Pleased to meet you."
    As Laerisk stepped back, David stepped in between him and Kariv.
    "And what's your name?"

Kariv smiled cordially, and looked over to Laerisk who seemed to be adjusting to his surroundings a little too slowly. He then cleared his throat and spoke in his French cum Arabian accent:
    "It's remarkably unbelievable, actually."
    He paused, and looked back at Kariv who kept quiet.
    "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. David. I am Laerisk, and this is my fiancee Miss. Kariv. The idea of dinosaurs is, as I said, very fascinating, though we share our doubts."
    Kariv nodded, and then adjusted her safari hat.
    "Though it would be splendid if we did get a look at at least one!"
    She added, her voice merry and welcoming.

David wormed his way back into his seat. "It would be a once in a life time opportunity. I plan on soaking up everything I can. I mean, have you two considered the possibilities? If we can clone dinosaurs .. then people be that far behind?"
    He moved over as far as he could.
    "Why don't you two take a seat next to me?"
    Laerisk and Kariv nodded over the idea, and then took seats beside the man. Kariv felt overprotected, but didn't say anything.

He tried not to frown as Laerisk sat next to him.
    "So Lad, what do you do for a living?"
    "I'm a lawyer in New York. You?"
    He felt a little nervous as he said that, since being a lawyer often cost some amount of social attire.

David smiled brightly.
    "I do a lot of things. I'm a writer. A retired journalist. A judoka. But mostly I'm a student of life. Cancer has a way of bringing life into focus."
    Laerisk and Kariv lowered their eyes, and said a meek 'sorry', perhaps not audible enough. David then pulled and tugged at his worn dufflebag until the top was opened. He grabbed a beat up old camera and quickly snapped pictures of the man and his fiancee.
    "I love meeting new people ... don't you?"
    They were a little shaken as he snapped their photos. Kariv looked normal, but Laerisk looked a little alien.

Katz arms disappeared into the bag again. This time he pulled out a canteen of water and tipped it back quickly.
    "A lawyer huh? Interesting. So Kariv, what do you do?"
    Kariv adjusted her hat once more, becoming conscious of herself.
    "I'm a fashion designer."
    She didn't add anything to it, though the man's state of cancer made her pity him.
    "Maybe marrying Laerisk isn't that bad?"
    She thought to herself.
    "So...are you married?"
    She asked shyly, not knowing whether or not to ask him such a question.

"Me? No, it was always either the wrong person or the wrong time," David said as he watched a dirt covered kid playing with a rusty can. "That's the great joke of this world. There will never be a right time or a perfect person. That's why I'm here. A friend sent me the tickets and I just left. Bills, responsibilities, all that stuff will wait ... but this. This is a once in a lifetime chance."

He offered the pair a cigarette. Neither of the two had smoked before, but when the man offered they had their doubts. Laerisk looked questioningly at Kariv who shrugged, and refused. Immediately after that Laerisk refused too.
    "So when's the big day?"
    "December something. We're still thinking."
    Kariv smirked and looked away. She hated being connected to Laerisk in any way. David nodded, and took a puff of smoke, letting himself indulge in the serenity of nature for a few. Laerisk felt stupid and simply started thinking of his clients back in New York.

3. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Mike followed the crowd, doing his best not to talk to anyone on the trip. It was boring as exspected, but if by some chance there where actually dinosaurs he'd have to find a way to get in on the deal. The boat ride made him nautios and the on board snakes where all wrothless in his oppionion. He was so bored he ended up talking to Jeves. But now it was over. They where on the island. Jeves stood politly behind Mike with the bags as mike looked over the crowd. His eye was caught by an intimidating looking black man and what appeared to be his son. He smirked to himself as he thought that the man might be a dinosaur himself.

4. Bick

Bick New Member

Danner stepped off the ship, his satchel slung over his shoulder. He hoped his other luggage would be all right. He looked behind, making sure Chase was following. His son gave him a nod, as he stumbled to put his headphones back on.

“Can’t you leave those things be?” Robert asked, his voice full of annoyance. His son gave him a look of contempt, and the sound of the bass could be heard. Robert sighed and pushed her way through the crowd. They seemed to part as he walked by. He liked it better that way, but he knew if this trip was going to be enjoyable, he’d have to show his good side.

He stopped, standing away from the rest of the group. He looked around for the woman he had met on the van, but he couldn’t see her. His eyes met a young man, a smirk covered his face. He looked at him, his eyes full of mischief. He walked towards the boy, his footsteps seeming to echo through the ground.

“Anything funny I should know about?” he called over to the boy, giving him a wink.

5. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Mike's eyes grew huge as the man walked over. He seemed big enough to swollow Mike whole if he wanted to. “Anything funny I should know about?” he called over to Mike, giving him a wink.

That realaxed Mike a bit and he took a deep breath before attempting to look stoic and mature. "Nothing in particular I was just lost in thought there for a moment." He said failing to sound convincing even to himself. "I'm Michael." He said decideing it would be safer to be on this mans goodside. So he locked the snobish intilectual act up for a bit, he knew when he was talking to a superior. "I don't suppose we'll actually get to see any Dinosaurs on this trip." He said looking around wondering why they where waiting here.

6. Bick

Bick New Member

Danner placed his hand over the boys, it seemed to engulf his hand as he shook it gently. He gave a hearty laugh, letting the Mike’s hand fall back.

“Robert Dannicker, and that’s my son Chase Dannicker, he’s not much of a conversationalist.” He flicked his son’s headphones, in which Chase gave him a dirty look, walking a few feet from his father.

“I think we have a chance of seeing dinosaurs..” he said, “Real mechanical ones.”

"Your probably right." Mike said letting his hope get the better of him for a moment. "But wouldn't it be superb if they have really done it as their letter claims?" He asked smiling for a bit and then regaining his composure. "Imagine the profit we business men could make off of a venture like this." He added hoping that it seemed natural.

“It would be amazing, my company is pretty excited about it. Good profit if this is real… though if it isn’t, that’s what lawyers are for.”

Danner looked Mike over, “A fellow business man? I can’t seem too much like one, though more the question would be, you’re a bit too young to be a business man, aren’t you?”

“It’s the way you hold yourself.” Mike said and then went on to explain. “You’ve got a feel of authority about you, and yet you talk straight, which means obviously you aren’t a lawyer. Scientists don’t usually carry such a strong presence so you’re either a business man who commands great respect from his employees or a mob boss.” He said and smirked at the last bit.

“And last I checked the mob’s are all stuck back in the stone age sticking to their own nationalities and dying out because of it. The second part of the answer is easy. You’d be surprised how much money you can make doing nothing but investing your collage tuition money.” He said and gave Robert his wink back.

Robert gave a laugh, slapping the boy on the back. He watched as the boy wobbled, he laughed harder.

“I like you son.” He said, “You’re not too bad.” He looked back at his son, who now seemed out of site, as he blended in with the group that waited for the Jeeps. He sighed looked back at Mike.

“What do you exactly do?” Danner asked, “And who is your friend over there?”

Mike looked back to see Jeves staying quiet and in the back ground as he always did, a bag of luggage in each hand. “That’s my manservant Jeves. Remarkable man, I’ve never heard of a more reliable assistant than him, and that’s what he really is helps me with everything.” He said and the went back to the first question.

“Me? I am me.” Mike said with a smile. “Grade A genius, and between the stock market and TV, radio and collage appearances I make more than my share.” He said proudly.

Danner gave him a smile, nodding at Jeeves.

“You seem like an interesting young man. You’ll go far, I can tell.” Danner said, “I grew up poor, and stupid. That can quickly change if you’ve got the look. I got where I am now, all by looks. People tend to fear me.”

7. Bick

Bick New Member

"Hey Danner," Hailey said with a smile. "Found any dinosaurs yet?"

Danner looked up, noticing Chase had come back from his short disappearance, and his friend had made her way to them. He gave her a broad smile.

“Hey there Hailey, good to see you again.” He grabbed her hand, giving it a gentle kiss. He gave her a wink and a laugh.

“I’ve always wanted to do that, but no mechanical beasts yet.” He then looked over at Mike, “This is Hailey.” And back at Hailey, “This is Mike.”

Mike smiled a great fake smile and said, "Hello." To the new arrival but she was no one important. She certainly lacked the presince of someone like Danner here, but he'd play the game and be as polite as possible at least when ever Danner was around, mainly because it was obviuse he cared. "Good to meet you, and what line of busseness are you in?" He asked being quiet social.

Hailey grinned at Danner and quickly pulled her hand away, somewhat embarrassed by the affection. She knew it was just a gesture, but it made her feel shy anyways. "Man...I was wishing your height would give you some advantage and you'd be able to see those darn mechanical things over the tree line! I guess we'll have to wait."

She turned her attention to the boy standing with Danner as she was introduced. He looked like a nice enough kid, though she wondered where his parents were. "Nice to meet you, Mike. I'm a journalist. I write for the Los Angeles Times." Or was a journalist, she thought. Hopefully she'd still be a journalist when she got home. "What brings you out here? Looking for an adventure?"

Danner sat back, watching as the two got acquainted.

"More like good food." Mike admited. "This is just a side show on my tour to get some of the famed food of Rebar." He said but thought to himself that if he could get richer off of this then why not. "With any luck the park will be half way decent and i'll at least donate a bit to it's cause to pay it back for the free ticket and the good excuse to take a vacation." He added.

Hailey laughed, unable to believe this kid was for real. "I suppose good food is as good a reason as any to come here."

She turned her attention back to Danner. "I propose we do something interesting while we're waiting for them to get their act together," she motioned to the tour guides that had ferried them to the island on the boats. "You guys up for it?"

Danner stretched out his arms, and nodded, “That sounds like a good idea. What do you propose though?”

Hailey raised an eyebrow and grinned. "Are you up for exploring?"

Danner looked at her a smile on his face. “Sure, but maybe we shouldn’t go too far.”

Hailey nodded, a huge grin plastered on her face. She absolutely loved a good adventure, especially if it involved breaking the rules, and she was pretty sure that this would qualify as breaking the rules. She marched through the sand, towards the green forest, wishing that she'd chosen a different type of footwear than her stiletto boots.

"So, Danner, since it looks like we're going to be seeing a lot of each other, why don't you tell me about yourself? Where are you from? What kinds of things do you enjoy for fun?"

Danner smiled and trotted after her. He looked back at Mike and Jeeves, giving them an unsure “come with” wave. He grabbed his son’s shoulder, and they easily caught up.

“I’m a workoholic. The only time I get off is on some weekends and late nights. When I do have time off, I spend it with my family. I basically work, eat, workout, and sleep. I’ve not got much of a life out of the family… and work. Being a CEO has it’s advantages, with the money and the power. Beyond that, it takes over my life.” He said, as he took lead, “But I do have a beautiful wife waiting for me at home, not sure if I said anything about her. She’s a homemaker, takes care of our son. Are you married? And what about you, tell me about yourself.”

Hailey hesitated, unsure how much she wanted to share of her life with a stranger. But Danner made her feel comfortable, so she let herself open up a little more than she usually would.

"I'm not married. Settling down doesn't really seem to agree with me, though I know my family wishes it would. I actually recently got out of a relationship and I guess you could say I'm enjoying my freedom," she laughed lightly, as if she were remembering an inside joke and continued on. "I live with my sister, Cynthia, in downtown LA. She's like my other half and I'm lucky to have her. And like you, my profession doesn't leave much time for personal stuff. Although I'm sure it doesn't pay nearly as well as being a CEO does! Your wife sounds lovely. How come she didn't decide to tag along?"

“It’s wonderful to be single, don’t forget these times.” He said with a wink, “But, being married has it’s privleges. No wondering what’s going to happen tomorrow. It’s always generally the same, which from what I’ve heard people have said isn’t that great. I beg to differ. I’d much rather wake up next to my beautiful wife the rest of my life.” He looked back, making sure his son was following close behind.

“She gets burned so easily. Her skin is so pale. She’s definitely not dark like me. She’s actually German.”

He then quickly added, “Money isn’t everything, as long as you enjoy what you do. You do enjoy it right? I enjoy my job, and even if I get less family time, sometimes a happy worklife is worth it, you know?”

"I think that's what scares me away from marriage. The monotony of it...Though I suppose that means I'm not ready to be married. That and I haven't found the right guy! My oldest sister thinks that I've already found and let him go," she stopped suddenly and frowned, desperate to change the subject away from her miserable love life. "And I can definitely understand the sunburn thing! I've got a decent tan now, but it took many painful burns to get here!"

Hailey nodded her head in agreement to Danner's last comment, "Money definitely isn't everything. And I love writing. I don't see myself doing this - this job - for the rest of my life though. I could run the show, but I'm not sure I'm ready to surrender my life to assignments like this one."

They were nearing the edge of the sand where the forest line began and Hailey stopped and looked around. "No dinosaurs yet," she said with a smirk, "where do you want to go from here?"

Danner nodded, “You’ve got a full life ahead of you. You’re still young.” He said. He gave a laugh, noticing he was making himself look older then he really was.

“I think we should look around a bit, but not too far. Forests are still forests, no matter if it’s an amusement park of a sort.” They headed into the woods, treading carefully.

((Tell me if you notice anything wrong :p It was a bit tough... three people working on the same post.))

8. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

I watched groups of people disembark and move around the area on the island. The ships had left, and we were now stuck on the island alone. I turned back and looked at one of the people that had been on the island waiting for us. He was a man, in his late forties, and was simply standing there, greeting us all as we appeared. I turned for him and held out a hand, saying my name. He didn't reply with his own, but did with conversation.

"Nice to meet you!" He almost shouted. "I'm very glad you came to join us."

It seemed scripted.

I looked around the way and noticed that much of the groups had disappeared. There were still people from the island standing about, but most of the other tourists had left in the jeeps, or walked with guides into the forest. Something about the scenery didn't seem to make me feel that well.

"What do you do, Ryan?" he said, breaking my trailed mind.

"I'm a medic. Well, sort of. We can say medic for now."

"Interesting, interesting. Where are you from?"

"I was just recently in Africa. Zanzibar, actually."

"I hate it there." He was still smiling. I wasn't quiet sure how to react. "The beetles are huge. Nothing good has ever from from Zanzibarland."

His smile threw me off. "Oh...kay?"

"What kind of hobbies do you have?"

"I like to safari, and write."

"Both boring and pointless." Again, smiles. It honestly made me wonder if he laughed while taking sh!ts.

"I guess..." I turned and noticed that there was a jeep that held no passengers. I looked at it for a moment before starting to move towards it. I held no fascination in being around this man. I climbed in and looked at the black fellow in the front, behind the steering wheel. "Where is this jeep going?"

"Wherever you want to, buddy," he replied.

"Can you take me to the main facility, or maybe my room or something?"

"Of course," he laughed. He quickly turned the key and the jeep glided off onto the terrain. The vehicle gained speed at an uncomfortable rate. I sat unsettlingly in my seat, twisting and turning as we neared a hundred miles an hour. I finally needed to ask.

"Why the hurry?"

He looked back, his eyes wide, and sweat above his brow falling fast. "Didn't you see it?"

I looked back, seeing nothing. I turned for him and again. "No, what?"

He spat the words at. Words that finally brought me to the realization of what I was in for.

"Didn't you see that T-rex rip that guys body in two?"

9. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

David got off the boat and smiled at Kariv and her fiancé. He looked around the island. The water was so blue and clear. “That is the way water should be,” he said. “No chemicals, no fluoride, nothing but pure water. This is what the world should drink.” Tall, rich trees and foliage formed a curtain around the visitors. It looked like paradise. “This is how man was meant to live.”

A thin man in a white suit nodded. “Welcome sir. Where can I talk you today? Walking tour? Drive around the area? Perhaps a quick trip to your quarters?”

A low pitched growl shook the ground. The sound shook David’s teeth. He looked towards the tree line. A pair of guides looked at each other nervously. White Suit’s face twisted just for a second. Katz knew that look. It was the look of a man who was just told the Doctor’s found a shadow on his brain.

“Sir … perhaps you’d like to retire to your room,” said White Suit.

“What was that?”

White suit pressed a brochure into David’s hand. “It’s all in there. Really sir, I think we should – look if you want stay here and be a quick lunch that’s up to you. I’m out of here.”

David grabbed his duffle bag jumped in the nearest jeep.

“So … this is part of the show right?”

“F***ing Americans,” said White Suit as the jeep pulled away. "How the hell did you guys make it thiis long?"

10. Terra Valentine

Terra Valentine New Member

I Don't Remember...

I awoke from a daze, like awaking from sleep. I had been awake, but not fully conscience for the whole thing. I remembered, faintly, getting onto a bus... and on a boat... and now I was on an island with a bunch of people. Where had my mind gone? It was like I had totally blacked out. Was I really going to be on an island with a bunch of dinosaurs? I started to ask someone...something. I don't remember now. I didn't have a lot of provisions with me. Just a small backpack with some clothes and a toothbrush and... um... female things. I didn't see a guide anywhere so I decided to just stand and be quiet. Maybe someone would speak soon. Or perhaps someone would see I was in distress and would help me. Tagging along with someone sounded good right about then.

I just didn't know.

11. Bick

Bick New Member

Danner quickly turned back when he realized the Jeeps had finally made it. He ran towards one of the Jeeps in the back, grabbing onto the door just as the driver got out.

“You’ll take us.” He said. The driver couldn’t have been more then 18, looked at him with wide eyes. Danner gave him a grin, probably only scaring him more. He waved Mike and Jeeves over, as Jeeves put their luggage in the back.

“Yes, sir.” He heard Jeeves say.

Jeeves opened the back door, allowing Mike to sit down. Hailey soon followed, scooting over into the middle. Chase came after, sitting next to her with his headphones still over his ears.

“I’ll get our luggage.” He quickly ran towards the dock, noticing some luggage was sitting out. He quickly found Hailey’s bag with her name on it, slinging it over his shoulder. He grabbed his own luggage, and went back to the Jeep. Thrusting the stuff into the back, he kept his satchel over his shoulder and stopped next to Jeeves, realizing there wouldn’t be much room for the man.

“Sit with the luggage, Jeeves.” He heard Mike say, as if reading Danner’s mind.

“Yes, sir.”

Danner looked at Jeeves with a raised eyebrow as he did what he was told. He maneuvered the luggage, making room for him to sit next to it. Danner gave a hearty laugh and took the passenger seat. He looked at the driver, who’s hands nervously shook on the steering wheel.

“You have hotels, correct?” Danner said, his voice back to it’s businessman authority. The boy nodded, and started the engine, the car started down the dirt road.

Hailey bounced her knees up and down in her seat anxiously, ready to get going. She buckled her seat belt across her lap and turned to face Danner. "I wonder what kind of hotels they have here," she laughed, "I guess anything with a shower and a bed will have to do!"

Danner gave a laugh, “Hopefully it’s not just a hut. I’m looking forward to a nice cold shower after all this sweating.”
    Mike sat quietly and watched the plants fly past the windshield for a moment and then spoke up. "So what do you think they're going to have instead of actual dinosaurs?" He asked the Hailey. He even sparred a short glance back to make sure Jeeves wasn't to bad off in the back with the luggage.

Hailey hesitated, not really sure what she expected to be in the forest. "I'm not really sure, Mike. I've been more focused on how having real dinosaurs here is impossible, not so much on what they'll have to replace them. I guess I'm picturing huge wind-up toys."

Danner nodded in agreement, “Something like that, though with the money they put out to get us here, it better be one good scam.”

They took a quick turn on the road, sending the three into the back, to the right. Mike yelled out as he was smashed into the door. They went further into the forest.

Mike grumbled unhappily something about being to small to be stuck against the wall, but stopped and glanced at Danner, it'd probably hurt worse to be squished by him. "Well I certainly hope so."

Hailey settled herself back in her seat and ran her fingers through her hair. "How many people would you --" she stopped suddenly, staring past Danner out the side of the open Jeep. Her tanned face was ghostly pale. "Did you just see that?" she managed to squeak out, pointing to a large shape moving in the distance.

Danner instantly dug is paw into the driver’s shoulder.

“Stop.” He muttered, his mouth hanging open.

The jeep came to an abrupt stop, sending dust flying around them. Many coughed as the dust cleared, and a prehistoric giant showed it’s face. His eyes first met what appeared to be as tall as a man, but as long as almost two. Spines covered most of it’s back and tail, with a few on it’s sides. It’s skin was a reptilian green, and it’s neck, medium length, leading to a rather small head. It had various black and purple markings, adding to the awe of the creature. He watched as it stood on it’s hind legs, with it’s front legs on the trunk of the tree. It munched at the leaves on the enormous tree that seemed to tilt from it’s weight.

In a sudden movement, it jumped down as another creature much larger in size made it’s way there. On it’s head was a flat crown, it moved prominently on it’s hind legs. Black stripes covered it’s seemingly humped yellow back. It’s stomach, legs and tail were a beige color. Danner’s heart seemed to pound as the two herbivores interacted, as if the Jeep and the person’s inside weren’t even there.

These were no mechanical beings, these were living, breathing monsters.

Danner’s heart gave a skip as a growl came out of nowhere. It was almost inaudible, but the herbivores instantly reacted. In quick movements, they fled the scene, running through the forest with agility creatures their size shouldn’t have had. He grabbed on tighter to the driver’s shoulder as the sound of booming footsteps could be heard. He held his breath as a face came out the tree’s. It was bigger then the largest of the herbivores they had seen, with sharp, short claws in the front. It stood on it’s hind legs, sniffing into the air with it’s rugged face. It reminded him of a smaller Tyrannosaurus Rex. But it’s face reminded him of an anorexic, sunken in. It’s body had rugged bumps all over it, adding to the ugliness. It was a general brown, with a darker brown of stripes on it’s tail and back.

He looked at the driver who seemed to be frozen in the spot. He got close to his ear, whispering violently.

“Drive the f**king car NOW!” he said, just as the beast looked his way. It gave a low growl as the gas pedal was hit feverishly. Danner looked back as the beast growled again, much louder this time. It slowly came after them, but didn’t give much of a chase, as it’s predatorial eyes seemed to bore into Danner’s head. They took a quick turn, and the beast was gone.

Mike sat quietly, a smile implanted on his lips, and thoughts of fortune mixed with childish joy over whelmed any possible fear he had felt. Add that Danner seemed to have handled the situation with a splendidly used command voice. Mike felt confident that he might be staying his entire stay here instead of getting some food that other rich people claimed to be the best.

Danner’s hand was lifted from the guy shoulder, when he noticed the bruises he had just made. He looked at with apologetic eyes as they took off towards the hotel. His hand was still a bit unsteady. Even a man of his size had no chance against those creatures, and there were no fences. He liked the idea, it was a good idea, and it would be good money for his company. Good advertisement. But was it really safe?

12. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

The Jeep bounced along a crude, sandy road.

“So, do you think we could see some of the beasties before we get to my room?” asked David.

The guide tightened his grip on the wheel. “Are you serious?”

David nodded. “Oh come on, you can drop the act. We arrive. Suddenly everyone seems worried and wants to rush us to our rooms. The crazy driving. It’s all part of the show … isn’t it.”

“What show?!”

David leaned back and smiled. “OK, I’ll play along. Don’t want you to lose your job. Oh no, something must have gone horribly wrong,” he said with a wink. “Please Mr. Guide get us to safety before the dino-” David’s mouth dropped open as the jeep took a sharp right. He saw the spines first. Then the beaks. Their skin almost looked like an elephant’s. They had bird like beaks. David was silent for a moment. “They are real. You’ve really done it.”

The styracosauruses ate peacefully and ignored the lurching jeep. Suddenly one raised its head and let out a low moan. His friends bellowed back as they moved away. In the distance, thunder rumbled. No. Not thunder, the roar of something big.

“That … that’s … a …”

“Yea,” screamed the driver, “a Rex. Now hold on!”

13. Charisma

Off the boat and on the port, Laerisk and Kariv lodged their suitcases, and started counting the stuff. Out of the blue, a young man picked up their stuff and threw it in a jeep.

"HEY! We didn't ask you to pick this up yet."

Kariv objected, at which the panting and dreaded man asked frantically:
    "You want to live, or die?"

"Pardon? Like that's an option?!"

"Then don't make it sound like an option and get in!"

Kariv was faster to react, and got in the jeep. Laerisk followed, and suddenly grabbed Kariv's wrist. Kariv tried not to flinch, but she did. She stopped when she heard a thunderous roar and saw two bodies hover above the jeep as the T-Rex threw them. The two trembled, and Kariv whimpered as some drops of blood fell on her luggage. She quickly hugged Laerisk who was equally daunted.

"Tell me this is April."

"Tell me that first."
    The driver said coldly, driving faster than ever before.

14. Terra Valentine

Help!

There was so much chaos! Almost immediately after departing the ship, jeeps were scrambling to take people away and an enormous T-Rex had bitten someone in two! All I knew was that I needed to get out of there. My reaction time was too slow, however, and I was stuck without a jeep! I ran into the path of one that was leaving, waving my arms in the air.

"Wait! Stop!!" I screeched. The jeep stopped.

15. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Wait! Stop!"

David caught the woman out of the corner of his eye. "Hey stop."

The driver laughed. "We ain't stopping until there's at least five feet of steel between us and the Rex."

"Just stop!"

"You can jump, but I ain't stopping!"

David wrapped his arm around the driver's neck and slammed his foot on the accelerator. His forearm tightened closing off blood to the brain. David tossed the drivr into the back seat. He smiled at the woman and shot his hand out. "David Katz, going my way?"

16. Terra Valentine

Sorry it took so long...

I flagged down a jeep that was swerving in my direction. There seemed to be a lot of commotion coming from it. I ran into it's path waving my arms. The jeep pulled up next to me and a man sitting in the driver's seat extended his hand to me.

"David Katz, going my way?" His smile was dazzling. I was nearly lost for words. I mumbled, but even I didn't know what I said, so I merely nodded. He helped me in and we took off.

I looked leisurely around the jeep. Although there was a huge carnivorous dinosaur chasing after the dozen or so jeeps that were scattered throughout the grass, I didn't feel the least bit of anxiety. I wasn't one for panic. It just wasn't me. I glanced back into the backseat and saw a man lying there. He didn't seem to be conscience.

"Uh... What happened to that guy?" I asked, motioning toward the man.

17. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Uh... What happened to that guy?"

David chuckled. “Bad hang over. He’s sleeping it off.” He slammed the accelerator making the jeep lurch. Katz risked a look back.

The Rex was flipping another jeep, tossing three other visitors into the air. Banana sized teeth picked a fat man out of the air and flipped him up. The blubbering man disappeared into the beast’s jaws. His two companions screamed. One either braver or driven mad with fear began firing.

A shadow passed over the jeep. David wrenched the wheel to the side and slammed on the brakes. A few feet in front was the gun happy visitor half of his organs on display for all to see. Katz jumped out.

“What’re you doing?” said the woman.

Before she could say anything else he was back in the jeep speeding towards the building in the distance.

He smiled and showed her the nearly antique revolver. Bullets make an excellent argument against hungry beasts. It’s still got four shots left. My lucky day. Hold on!”

Neither of them looked back as the steady thump of the Rex told them it was getting bored with the jeeps and looking for new toys to play with.

18. Terra Valentine

The man laughed. "Bad hangover. He's sleeping it off." For some reason, I didn't quite believe him, but it wasn't affecting me any so I let it go. He chanced a look back. I did too. The rex had flipped another jeep and had devoured a rather fat tourist. His companions screamed in terror. Another began firing upon the mighty beast.

We both saw a shadow pass over our jeep. With what seemed like perfect ease, the man drifted out of the way. It was the man that had fired at the Rex. Well, what was left of the man, anyway.

Ewww.... I thought and cringed a little. That is disgusting...

The man jumped out of the jeep.

"What are you doing?" I asked, but within moments he was back in the jeep and speeding towards, what looked like, a reasearch facility. I couldn't tell. It as a building, I knew that much. And that meant safety. The man smiled at me and showed me a beautiful nearly antique revolver. I was rendered momentarily dumb, like a deer caught in the headlights. I think I may have unconsciensely reached for it. I don't remember. I loved guns. They were a powerful tool. I knew I could never own one, though, or even carry one. I was too much of a sadist.

"Bullets make an excellent argument against hungry beasts. It’s still got four shots left. My lucky day. Hold on!” The man said and we lurched forward again, neither of us looking back. Then it hit me.

"I can't believe I was so stupid!" I screeched. The man looked at me funny. I began to rummage around in my bag.

"How do you mean?" The man asked. I found what I was looking for and pulled it out, showing it to the man. I smiled.

"My camera! I"m a photographer for National Geographic!" I grinned wider and took the lens cover off. "I can't believe I didn't think of this before!"

I began shooting pictures like a madman. Well, woman. I zoomed in as far as I could, which still allowed for a pretty decent shot. They were amazing. Of course, even one of low quality would be amazing. It's a dinosaur for Crissakes! David merely smiled and continued to drive, weaving every now and again and blurring my pictures. I scowled heavily at such times.

The building was nearing and people were already hustling and bustling through the doors to get in away from all the excitement.

"We're going to have to get out quick." He said not averting his gaze from the line of travel. I nodded and replaced my camera into my bag. We stopped quick about ten yards from the building, jumped out of the jeep, and booked it. I've never ran so fast in my entire life. I, peronally, don't believe that it was necessary to go that fast, because the dino was still decently spaced from us, but, not wanting to be left behind, I did my best to keep up with David.

We rushed inside to a big crowd of people.

19. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

David giggled uncontrollably as they ran towards the building. He felt alive. For the first time in years, he was really living. The creature’s shadow was still behind them. “Just keep running” he said. His heart pounded in his chest and a smile broke across his lips. A small part of him never wanted the chase to end. This was too good.

He looked at the woman running next to him. She was someone who he’d never had had the guts to even look at in a bar. Now … he chuckled … now they were running for their – the guide! He stopped in his tracks and looked back at the jeep. The pompous ass was still out cold. “I’m a damn fool,” he said before turning to the woman. “Back in a jiff!”

David took off in a sprint. His legs felt like they were burning. He could swear there were kittens trying to claw their way out of his side, but he kept running toward the jeep and the Rex. “Damn that thing is big,” he said as a clammy fear began to loosen his bowels. Still, he thought, what a way to go!

1 person likes this.
  20. Charisma

Laerisk and Kariv screamed for their lives as their jeep hit a tree.

"Don't make me say it."

The driver moaned as he passed out, his forehead bleeding. The grunts and rasps of a dinosaur could be heard. Laerisk picked Kariv in his arms, regardless of his dislike for her. He didn't know how to handle a dying driver, therefore he sighed and went on without him.

"What about the driver - and the luggage?"

"I can't believe women! You're thinking about men and dresses when we're at the verge of death!"

Kariv daunted, and then anger sapped inside of her.

"You are sick! I am just concerned that we might be staying here a while. We might need a first aid kit and so on - and the driver is a human being too, you know!"

"We can think about that later. Right now, let's - "

"It's always you. You and you."

She then distanced her head from chest, at which she hit a tree. Her head started to bleed and Laerisk involuntarily dropped her. After a second's lapse, he fell down at his knees and pushed her.

"Oh God!"

He moaned, picked her up again. She heard a screech and turned around to see the T-Rex sniffing at the tree he stood under. His felt his heart skip a beat as he ran towards the nearest building with the fiancee in his arms.

"Help, someone!"

He gasped for breath, seeing a man pulling out an injured one from a jeep.

"David?"

He asked, though he had no time for confirmation. The T-Rex was jogging towards him.

"Hurry up!"

He screamed, as though telling his tired legs to run.

21. Terra Valentine

I laughed a little. He had actually forgotten our guide. I didn't have time to protest that he should have just left the bastard that was going to leave me to die, but it seemed David had a heart, unlike me. If anything, I would have enjoyed watching our guide being torn to shreds. He said something, I don't remember what. I kept running. However, I was close enough where if I needed to I could be inside the building in a few seconds flat, so I stopped and took out my camera. I focused the lens on the huge beast that was looming towards the compound.

Snap! Snap! Snap! I already had three more pictures to accompany the article I would have to write when I got home.

A sudden realization hit me. That was if I got home. The actual danger that we all faced hit me like a ton of bricks and I nearly fell to my knees in despair. People would actually die. And if not die then at least get hurt. And we were a BIG group... There were children... A moment of caring was gone as quick as it had come and I returned to my normal sadistic state. Blood, gore, death, it all seemed exciting once more.

I snapped a few more pictures and leisurely went inside. There was a lot of people and there were all making an immense amount of noise. They were all talking, if not shouting at the top of their lungs, and other people next to them. "Did you see that?!" I heard one shout. "That monster was HUGE!" I heard another bellow. "It f*cking tore that guy in two!" Yet another screeched. But I saw even more people who were staying silent with looks of terror and shock on their faces. Like they had gone into trauma. No doubt some of these people would get post-trumatic stress disorder.

"Quite the adrenaline rush, huh?" Someone whispered next to me. I looked to my right. It was David, panting. My eyes widened a little in shock.

"David... You're alive!" I half whispered, half exclaimed. "Where's the guide?" I asked looking around.

"Oh, I set him in a chair. He'll wake up sometime." He merely smiled. I did the same.

"So do you think anyone is going to explain what the Hell is going on here?" I asked looking around for some sort of authority figure. I didn't see one.

"They've got to. I highly doubt they're just going to let us stand here alone for the duration of this trip. Besides, they'll have a sh*t ton of lawsuits on their hands if all of us turn up missing or dead." He replied. I looked back at him.

"Let's hope, huh?" I said. At that moment, a man raised his voice over the murmur of the crowd.

22. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Most unconventional post ever ~ Sorry it took so long!

From the moment he got the letter Krill had a strong sense of foreboding about everything to come, but so far there was no reason to be uneasy. He was on his way to see dinosaurs. But first and foremost he was to assist. His misgivings about his inclusion stems from the fact that he is a specialist in survival. Why would anyone need a survival specialist for a tourist safari? Krill pondered about this on the plane but tried to shake it off when he saw the Morocco beneath him, the hustle and bustle of the busy people was a world away from what he was used to in America or Russia.

Arriving on the island Krill saw many obvious tourists and some not so obvious. He saw an unnaturally tall man poke out like a sore thumb above everyone else. A lady with gigantic sunglasses who a copy of Wuthering Heights. There was a young man who seemed full of mischief, his wild eyes and wry smile hinted at recklessness. Krill had taken great care to make himself blend but there were some things that he couldnt camoflauge no matter how hard he tried. The dark brown safari shirt he was wearing made him feel uncomfrtable and he grimaced as he tried to get passed it. Krill pulled on a pair of sunglasses and headed towards the vehicles, which seemed to have started moving already. The beginning of a bad day.

23. Bick

Bick New Member

The roar of a large dinosaur could be heard as they came to a sudden stop. The driver was shaking hysterically, screams that shouldn’t have come from a man squeaked from his lips. Danner grabbed his shoulder with force, the fear of what could be lurking around in him.

“GO!” he yelled.

"Start the car, you idiot! Start it now! We have to go!" Hailey screamed, pounding her fists into the shoulders of the driver and causing the vehicle to shake.

The man suddenly opened the driver door, the fear in his eyes. Danner growled under his breath, shaking his head as the boy struggled from his grip and fell out the door. He was screaming unknown words as he fled into the forest, leaving them behind.

“I’ll drive.” He muttered as he lifted his torso up with his arms on the chairs. The cushions caved in to their limit and the seats creaked as he moved his weight to the drivers seat. He looked back only momentarily.

“Anyone want to yell out directions?” he tried to joke, but it was subtle as the fear of the situation was slowly taking over. He thrust the door shut, and started the ignition.

Hailey's breathing was shallow and rapid. Her eyes darted around as wildly as she sunk down into her seat further.

"Danner," she whispered, "How are we going to get there...alive?"

Danner hit the gas pedal with force, sending the jeep forward, the dust rolling behind them as they went down the dirt road.

“I’ll make sure of it.” He said, trying to sound reassuring, “I’ll take care of us… just tell me if you see a building.”

Danner could hear another roar, they were obviously getting pretty close to it, but he knew this had to be the way to the hotel. Safety was in the building.

24. soujiroseta

Krill didn't know why he didn't jump into a jeep, it wasnt that full, maybe it was because he actually wanted to see it. The roar scattered everyone and chaos was the word that came to his mind. People ran for jeeps, some stood still paralyzed, he sort of jogged into the forest for some unknown reason. Perhaps he felt he stood a better chance there, under the cover of the forest, his element.

He smiled slightly as he bounded over a few logs and continued to run, he didn't know where he was going but the very thought of it pumped massive amounts of adrenaline into him.

There it was again, but louder, the roar made some of the tall trees around him vibrate. Small twigs and branches slapped his face as he continued to sprint. He stopped suddenly when he heard the faint sound of an engine. To his right.

He sprinted in the general direction of the sound, a jeep would make things easier i suppose.

He ran out into an open road and saw the jeep speeding towards him. He pulled off his hat to attract attention but the jeep didn't seem to be slowing down. Krill continued to wave.

25. soujiroseta

double post sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.