1. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Jurassic Park Invite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Oasis Writer, Jun 17, 2008.

Internet
    Writing Forums, Org, XXXXX
    1-800-Jur-Park

Mr., Mrs., Miss, and Ms. Forum Member

Writing Forum Member
    Internet
    Writing Forums, Org, XXXXX

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Have you ever wanted to visit an exotic island filled with flora from every era of our time? How about a gorgeous area with animals that have been extinct longer than you can count to the number in your lifetime? Have you ever thought, "Oh man, I seriously want to meet a dinosaur. That would totally make my day."?

Well, my dear sir or madam, there is a solution.

Welcome...

to -

[​IMG]

Here, you can come visit some of the greenest landscapes filled with an assortment of flora, forestry, and plant life that haven't been seen for millions of years, along with some of our old favorites, like pine and oak. We have taken care of every single molecule of plant life on the island for more than ten years. Our plants have been modified to carry a breathable chemical that help sustain the life of our dinosaurs. Without it, they would not survive.

[​IMG]

While our exotic landscapes may be green and plentiful, we at the park know that you are here for more than a simple camping trip with your family. We understand the need for adventure, and the desire to have something much more interesting in your life. We understand the need for discovery. Our scientists have worked diligently to bring you something that no one else could possibly bring.

We bring you...

the dinosaur -

[​IMG]

Our dinosaur exhibit is completely uncaged on our private island. This allows us to study the true habitat of these great beings. With our latest technology, we have insured the safety precautions of an island full of dinosaurs, all of which would mate when given the opportunity.

Fortunately, the island is specifically designed to hold female components. Our select few male test subjects are all herbivore species, and all situations are handled in the safest of measures. The flora that surrounds the island and is in multitude around the island give off a specific chemical in the air that is required for our dinosaurs to live, due to the carbon in the air. The dinosaurs would parish within a mile off the island.

Our collection is extensive and very carefully selected. We have twenty-five different species of dinosaurs from every era of the Cretaceous and Jurassic Periods. We have three hundred and thirty-five herbivore dinosaurs.

While we can expect the majority of every single visitor to be in awe and simple amazement of these gigantic, magnificent beasts, we know that not everyone can fall in love with the simplicity of a herbivore sauropod.

We have taken this into account, and have, very safely and cautiously, brought you everyone's favorite carnivores!

[​IMG]

While the tour and study groups are completely opened and safely guarded, the carnivores will still only be in view from a distance, for the safety of our tourists. We have twenty-two species of carnivore dinosaurs, all of which are female and can not mate.

All precautions have been taken to keep the island a safe and secure area for all ages.

Our final letters will be sent out this Wednesday. Please consider our offer to come join us at Jurassic Park. Boats will be leaving Friday, so Répondez s'il vous plaît (RSVP) before Friday.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Oasis Writer
    Founder of
    Oasis Productions

2. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Eeek, can't say that the T rex is welcoming how much in the know of Jarasic park do you need to be to play it?

3. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Ah, how you continue to tempt me.

I have an important exam next week, though ...

4. Oasis Writer

I explain everything you need to know in the Discussion thread throughout. :) You just gotta know what the dinosaurs look like so you can describe them, and be able to write a good running-away scene. ;)

If people are interested, I can wait for people to get on the boats, or if you are on the boat, we can get you to the park, and have you sit out. :) The world doesn't go to hell immediately.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'm puzzled... is this just for fun on the forum, or what?... do you intend to do anything else with this legally-worriesome bit of wordplay?...

6. Oasis Writer

RPG Forum :)

7. mammamaia

ah, so!... well, i hope crichton's and spielberg's 'people' don't get wind of it!... it's a funny send-up, regardless...

8. Oasis Writer

That would be fun. :)

9. mammamaia

only if you have a major litigation lawfirm on retainer.......

10. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Thats a pretty mean set of teeth for a female T-rex o_O

So when our char reads the letter, is it signed Oasis productions or something else?

11. Oasis Writer

As long as I'm not destroying the storyline, or messing with anything they have done in the movies, or books, and am giving credit to them for everything, I don't see a real reason for them to make a huge fuss. If they do, I'll accept all consequences. :) Other forums have murdered many stories created from other movies, games, and books on purpose with no legal action taken against them. I don't plan to do that.

Yeah, those are some nasty fangs.

_

Game will start tomorrow. :) Boats don't leave until Friday. If you feel like joining, feel free. :) Contact me if you have any questions.