1. Lelly

Lelly New Member

Hello...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lelly, Jun 4, 2014.

Hello, I am Lelly, I have anxiety issues and I am currently housebound. I have joined this forum in a bid to find people who I have at least one thing in common with, the love of writing

In my teen years I escaped into a fantasy world that I created and throughout my growing up and becoming an adult I found myself writing down these fantasies, generally on anything close to hand - like envelopes, and I have often dreamt of being published and having others lose themselves and enjoying my stories. I have more ideas and characters running around my mind then I sometimes know what to do with and I get frustrated that my hand cannot write as fast as my brain is coming up with them. I still prefer to write by hand but I often have Notepad open whilst I am occupied with other things on the compter, so that I am able to get down an idea before it begins to fade and I lose a hold of it. I prefer the Fantasy and Science Fiction genres in both reading and writing.

At times I feel as though I am a conduit for the stories I write. I have a folder and I have built a world where I have maps, lore, a magic system, realms, etc all written down and I enjoy dipping into it and creating characters to play with inside them. I sometimes just close my eyes and watch what happens to them... not quite like a movie, it's more vague and yet deeper than that; it is then for me to interperet and document their journeys.

Outside of writing I spend a lot of time online, on YouTube, learning random things that interest me, playing videogames and watching cat videos... ahem.

I hope to engage with some people here to share ideas and have fun/interesting conversations. I'm not used to putting myself out there and being social, even online, so please forgive any initial awkwardness and any anxious rambling!

Thankyou for reading this and take care :)

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Lelly! Welcome to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide. It's got the forum rules, the FAQ, and other information. Look around the site, participate, and have fun! This is a great forum for writers and you'll meet a lot of like-minded people here.

3. Lelly

Lelly New Member

I have read the guide and thankyou very much!

minstrel likes this.