1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Any Korra fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Wreybies, Nov 23, 2013.

I've been a fan of the Avatar universe since The Boy in the Iceberg! Tonight's season finale of Korra was intense! :D

Anyone else? Huh? Am I alone here? :oops:

[​IMG]

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

(crickets...)

3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I really think Cat Cora is an excellent chef.

4. Laze

Laze Active Member

The finale was such an anticlimax in my opinion. I wasn't digging the whole Pacific Rim fight at the end. I was sat at my desk watching it in full 1080p just like "The fuck is this?!" It just felt so cheap, as if the writers had bitten off more than they could chew.
    Compared to the double suicide finale of season 1, giant fighting blue Korra was a joke. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'd of preferred it if they just made a series about Aang's adult life. That would be ridiculously amazing.

5. Wreybies

I think a lot of fans feel the same about the new series. There are time I wish they had just let the Korra series be the single season they originally wrote and closed it there. The start of this season was super weak to me. I almost gave up on it.

Oh, and yes, though I actually enjoyed the finale, nothing could ever touch the drama of the the finale of the first series. It wasn't even the fight between Aang and the Fire Lord that did it for me, it was the agni kai between Azula and Zuko. That was just... beautiful to me.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  6. Laze

Laze Active Member

The old characters were so much more, lovable.

The reason I'm so fond of the first series was because of Zuko and Iroh's relationship, and the general storyline of how Zuko changes his views. It was such a beautifully written character. His internal conflict was so great to watch, especially the episode where he's all like: "Why am I so bad at being good!!" Gave me goosebumps. :rolleyes:

Andrae Smith likes this.
  7. Wreybies

I'm fully with you here. Iroh was perhaps one of my favorites from the old show. The relationships they tried to cement in Korra have been lame at best. Since the characters are older, they focused more on romantic relationships and they lost me there. Korra, the Avatar, wicked hot, falls for some-assembly-required douchebag Mako. No. Just no. In my universe, she either makes Bolin her bitch because he's pretty or she has a real relationship with the only other character close to being worthy, Asami. ;)

8. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Well I will say I am a bit of a fan. I haven't been watching since I don't have a computer of my own here, but I might just catch up online during my coming TG break... I didn't know the Season two finale was coming so soon! Has it been that long already?

To be honest though, I am not overly thrilled with the series for the very reasons mentioned above. The characters aren't quite handled right. The writers pretty much force them onto us and ask us to believe everything without giving them time to grow or meaningful conflict. I watched the whole first season, and though I liked it, I was continually underwhelmed. I never felt the intensity they seemed to be going for. Even in the earlier seasons of the original series, when tensions rose I felt like things were going down. I don't mean to compare the two and say Korra isn't good because it doesn't live up to the original. What I am saying is that the flaws I've found in Korra's series are things that were orchestrated beautifully in The Last Airbender.

That said, I may yet get back on board so I can stay current and see if they can impress me. So far I'm content, but not impressed. lol I want to be thrilled! >:)

9. _Ara_

_Ara_ Member

(Super late but I love avatar) the whole season two as lame as it was still.filled in a huge void of understanding the first avatar origins, the "bridge to the two worlds," and also not allowing korra's relationship not be such an easy pass.

She still isn't a full avatar if you recall. Though yea she knows all four elements she still goes through too many transitions in her life to fully understand everything about her power and her personal challenges. Mako was just a hot side line guy to just make us go stupid giddy for the ending of the 1st season but to me, it felt better in tuned for him and Asami to end up together.

Though all together it was weak, I did wish there was a stronger fight scene for the ending I still feel satisfied. Especially, you got to give the creators some slack, for creating at the same time the comics for the last avatar to continue filling more unanswered questions. Like the ending for the Search ... I won't spoil if no hasn't read it yet but yea. They,for me,help putting my nerdism for avatar a little more into perspective. Now I just await for Korra in the next season to hopefully be a little more mature and see who's the worthy hot guy in life who truly will give her the strength like Katara did for Aang.

P.s I have rewatched last avatar like 4 times and season 1 korra twice :).

10. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

I hate to be "that guy," but I'm going to nitpick a bit and say this is structurally incoherent... Some of these sentences really don't make sense on their own and you jump across ideas pretty quickly. I get what you're saying, but it might be nice if you took more care to ensure all of your sentences and arguments are structurally sound. Typos are manageable, but it's hard to get around "free-thought" writing sometimes. ;)

11. _Ara_

_Ara_ Member

It happens out of excitement. I'm usually better at making sure my thoughts are clear but to my defense I've been working 16 hour- shifts for 3 weeks none stop making it the first time in two weeks I've been on here more or less. BUT!!! At least you understood me :) catch me when I don't sleep for 4 days straight while reading/working during that time.... Definitely more "legible."

Andrae Smith likes this.
  12. Red Herring

Red Herring Member

I like Korra, but ATLA is so much better. That series never treads the same waters, the characters are better, and the seasons are much tighter. Season 2 was just a mess for me, but that The Beginnings episodes were just...:eek: AMAZING. I found Han much more that I would have loved it if the just did the season on him. :p I'm not liking Korra much, which is ironic because I love strong female characters, but she can be just annoying and frustrating. It felt like her arc in season 2 was pretty pointless, she was still this arrogant, hothead, entitled brat. I like the series a lot though, even though I sound like I don't, but it could be better and I hope they improve on season 3; hopefully it's much tighter than season 2 was.

13. Smoke Z

Smoke Z Active Member

I liked Legend of Korra, but the timing went off on Season 2... if they had spent a bunch more time on the Avatar's grand-daughter as a spiritual adviser and avoided the Godzilla thing, I probably would have liked it better... is there going to be another season dealing with the fallout of the spiritual world being a thing again? (sorry for the Buffy-speak, too lazy to write it fresh three times.)

14. Wreybies

Yeah, there's a season 3 in the works. There have been images and some animation already leaked to the fandom.

15. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

If you like Avatar, you should take a look at Wakfu. I can't link anything other than the wiki, because there's no way to get it without some piracy involved. And there's a video game of the same name in the same universe.

It's funny, witty, incredibly well animated, and approachable from any age. But there's no English release, just the original French. That's good though, because technically fan subs don't break international treaty, so you don't have to feel bad once you do download them

16. vera2014

vera2014 Member

Yay! That show is extra-super-wicked-awesome! I have the Book One: Air DVD and have watched it many times. :D Unfortunately, I don't have cable. I'm impatiently waiting for summer when they will hopefully publish the second season on DVD.