1. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

Kfmiller's (little) Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by kfmiller, Jan 29, 2015.

(Untitled) 1st draft- 3,947

Titles don't come to me easily- so I don't expect this work to have one until I absolutely need it.

I've re-worked the concept several times- but I think I have it and now am focusing on writing. Something I have seen on these boards a lot is to just write. After reading that several times it was a shovel between the eyes. Usually, when I write I re-read what I already had done, which would then lead to editing and changing and editing some more. By the time I would add something new I would have about 50 new words in me and it was time to stop. Now it seems so simple: just get the first draft done.

So, that's what I'm doing.

Edit: 3,790 words on new story I've been working on. It's a dystopian romance set in a zombie apocalypse. It follows Elizabeth Reilly. After she loses her father she meets Jane Stuart and the two travel to Jane's camp where secrets and betrayals threaten the relationship they had built.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Dunning Kruger likes this.
  2. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

I have a working title now:

Southeast of Disorder

3. Okon

Okon Contributing Member Contributor

Yar, I don't mean to divert yer focus, but any chance we can get at least quick blurb of your tall tale?:)

kfmiller likes this.
  4. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

I might post a little blurb soon, or maybe just ask if I can send the first chapter to someone to read.

I'm nervous :eek:

5. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributing Member Contributor

Assuming you've fulfilled your critiquing requirements, would you consider posting your first chapter on the Workshop here?

6. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

So...um... I've gotten distracted writing a zombie apocalypse erotic fiction... I posted the first chapter for critique which is terrifying me.

7. Dunning Kruger

Dunning Kruger Active Member

I read your chapter and you dont need to be terrified. I didnt write a critique because it was solid enough that there werent any easy and obvious things points to point out. If I have a few moments I'll try to give you more specific feedback.

kfmiller likes this.
  8. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

Thanks @Dunning Kruger ! I typed it up before I made dinner last night so it's my 1st draft- looking forward to your feedback- there were a few sentences that were giving me trouble.

9. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

For some reason I am completely taken with this story of these two women. I've written 2,500 words in the past two days (which is huge for me) and the story is exploding in my head. At first it was just a little exercise in a short erotica piece, but now I think it's going to be more of a paranormal romance. I even came up with a pen name for the story... hehe.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  10. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

No matter how hard I try, zombies just are not erotic. But paranormal romance, that I can get into. :)

kfmiller likes this.
  11. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

Got my first erotica novelette off to a couple readers. I have the cover made and everything ready to go just got to get it read and identify any problems with it- I have the next two novelettes mapped out as well to make it a trilogy which seems to be pretty common in the genre.

My other main project I'm still plugging away at. Just keep swimming...

Dunning Kruger likes this.
  12. kfmiller

kfmiller Active Member

Love in the Time of Zombies: Part One is on Amazon. It was a fun experiment and learning process. I enrolled it in Kindle Select, and have had 3 borrows and 1 purchase over the past two days. I'm working on Part Two which is going to be twice as long at 20,000 words. My goal is to make all three parts total 50,000 words eventually and sell it as a bundle.