1. Scottieluvr

Scottieluvr New Member

Scottieluvr has entered the building!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Scottieluvr, Jul 15, 2016.

Hello fellow scribes! As most will surmise, I am a newbie. My moniker is Scottieluvr, but my real-life name is Pamela. I am a retired corporate America geek and chronic illness survivor, living on ten acres of southwest Michigan farmland. I grow nuts and herbal teas for farmer’s markets, but fruits/veggies for the family. Since the 2-legged children moved out – imagine that! – I am now ruled by four dogs, four cats and two birds. OH! And there’s one hubby – who I rule over. *smiling sweetly*

My presence here: I want to write a novel. Actually, several novels. First, I need to learn a few things, like: hone critiquing, develop editing, characterization, plot development, world building, etc. Second, I use to write book reviews so I’m all for CRITIQUEING other’s work, and with a soft touch. However, I am not the grammar police; there are plenty of programs to aid writer’s in that regard. I AM A READER. I love to read… a voracious reader... read the dictionary out of boredom. Come on, y’all know you have too.

My favorite genres, in order: Romance, Steampunk, Mystery Noir, Historical, MM, Erotica.

Well, this intro is now over 1,000 words… I’ll close.

A man called Valance likes this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

S-s-steampunk? Welcome indeed! You're sure to find lots of help here so I hope you enjoy your stay. And if you're a steampunk fan well, I am glad you've joined us!

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Pamela, and welcome to WF!

If you're interested in critiquing, feel free to check out our Workshop. That's a good place to start. :)

Well, in addition to this: New Member Quick Start . :D Anyway, I hope you'll like it here. See you around!

-Kat

4. Scottieluvr

Scottieluvr New Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Been scanning the threads and found lots of enlightening posts. And there's more, still, to scan! :p