1. Buttered Toast

Buttered Toast Active Member

Hello, I'm new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Buttered Toast, May 22, 2016.

Hello,
    I am new here and I'm new at writing.
    I am dyslexic and have wanted to write a book just so I could prove I could do it! I have always been extremely creative but too nervous to do anything about it. (Couldn't even spell the word 'Writing!' Had to look it up!)
    For the past year I have written my fist book (of 6), it has been written and re-written about 4 or 5 times and I have now got to the point were I need advice and help!
    I have had inspiration from Lewis Carroll, Terry Pratchett, J K Rowling and J R R Tolkein and read my story to two young girls aged 8 and 12 (friends of the family) who loved it so much they asked me to read them more every evening!
    what I'm really looking for is someone to read my book to check it isn't too similar to my inspirational authors, I want to be unique but it's hard when so many other stories open up your imagination!

Oscar Leigh and Shbooblie like this.
  2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @L C Cranston, and welcome to the forum! Have a look at our New Member Quick Start - it'll help get you going around here. Hang out here, meet some fellow writers, and have fun!

:)

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello and welcome, you will find a lot of helpful people here.

Oscar Leigh likes this.