Killing the hero 16 chapters before the end?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Charisma, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I technically completed his life and perfection by killing him. Because my story characters (and me myself) believe in afterlife, death of a good person is not a defeat but victory. And if people he/she leaves behind tend to learn it's good for them. Which is what it is about - problems of inheritance, defending themselves, etc remain which they learn to do on their own. Nevertheless I'm done with this novel so no more yapping. Lol, just that I don't know if I'll even change him and I'm taking opinions. o_0

2. dead_soul

dead_soul Banned

That's a pretty good plot!! I have never heard about killing the hero so soon, but I love the idea. If it's better for the novel to kill the hero, do it and do it good.

It could be strange, though. I mean I would like the novel, but some people won't love the idea to read for no one. Killing the hero means that there's no one to read about and to be attached to. SO you could make someone else becomes the hero after the original one's death.

Good luck!!!!

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I agree dead_soul, and that's what I teach the reader, that he never died. The story becomes exciting in itself, and as a hero I'm not sure any of my characters other than the former hero have a wit to compensate that role. Then again, partial leadership goes to his sister in the remaining part.