1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Jeff Countryman

Jeff Countryman Living the dream Supporter

Kindle, kobo, google???? which one?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Jeff Countryman, Oct 15, 2015.

I have an ISBN to publish my novel. It covers ALL electronic versions. To publish a printed version, I would need another ISBN. I have the choice of applying it to either one. The problem is which electronic version to publish/sell? I see only three:

Kindle: The best of the best.
    Kobo: The others.
    Google Books: Doesn't even rate.

That's sad. There's no other online publishers in the running (unless you publish for free on ZILLIONS of available sites).

A whole new world!

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Barnes & Noble, Apple.

Unless you're going with Kindle exclusivity, publish on all of them.

3. jannert

jannert Contributing Member Supporter Contributor

I have a friend (in my writing group) who has published for print as well as online (Kindle.) He used Lulu for the print-on-demand service for the printed copies, and they apparently give out an ISBN number free, along with doing a heck of a good job with the printing. His book is printed to a very high standard. So if you want to publish print-on-demand, there's your other ISBN number.

I'm with Steerpike. Publish on as many online platforms as you can. I do believe the eBooks (Apple) version is growing in popularity, along with the proliferation of the bigger iPhone. Although I've always been a Mac user, I have a Kindle as my eReader, so I can't offer any 'review' of the Apple devices for reading. But they do seem to be growing in popularity.

4. ddavidv

ddavidv Contributing Member

The only copy of my books I have sold other than via Amazon/Kindle is via B&N...for my wife's Nook. None of the other formats have generated any sales (and I've offered them in most all formats). The Kindle is the current favorite, by far. I own one myself.