1. Jeff Countryman

Jeff Countryman Living the dream Supporter

Kindle, kobo, google???? which one?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Jeff Countryman, Oct 15, 2015.

I have an ISBN to publish my novel. It covers ALL electronic versions. To publish a printed version, I would need another ISBN. I have the choice of applying it to either one. The problem is which electronic version to publish/sell? I see only three:

Kindle: The best of the best.
    Kobo: The others.
    Google Books: Doesn't even rate.

That's sad. There's no other online publishers in the running (unless you publish for free on ZILLIONS of available sites).

A whole new world!

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Barnes & Noble, Apple.

Unless you're going with Kindle exclusivity, publish on all of them.

3. jannert

jannert Contributing Member Supporter Contributor

I have a friend (in my writing group) who has published for print as well as online (Kindle.) He used Lulu for the print-on-demand service for the printed copies, and they apparently give out an ISBN number free, along with doing a heck of a good job with the printing. His book is printed to a very high standard. So if you want to publish print-on-demand, there's your other ISBN number.

I'm with Steerpike. Publish on as many online platforms as you can. I do believe the eBooks (Apple) version is growing in popularity, along with the proliferation of the bigger iPhone. Although I've always been a Mac user, I have a Kindle as my eReader, so I can't offer any 'review' of the Apple devices for reading. But they do seem to be growing in popularity.

4. ddavidv

ddavidv Contributing Member

The only copy of my books I have sold other than via Amazon/Kindle is via B&N...for my wife's Nook. None of the other formats have generated any sales (and I've offered them in most all formats). The Kindle is the current favorite, by far. I own one myself.