1. Komisarek

Komisarek New Member

Komisarek

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Komisarek, Oct 27, 2006.

Never been good at introducing myself
    but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I'm from Sweden, never seen a polar bear actually I don't like winter.
    I would like to improve writing in English as I actually love the flow and composation of that particular language.
    I like writing short stories and poems. I try involving pieces of my life in them.

My fav authors are Bukowsky, Steinbeck, McIerney and Plath

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Howdy

3. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Cool! Another Swede!

My girlfriend is swedish..shes here now visiting from Vaxjo.

Welcome and great to have you!

Im an Ingmar Bergman fan..as wierd as his stuff is there is something that just rivets me to it!

4. Komisarek

Komisarek New Member

Thx raven and Joan

Small world. I live roughly one hour from Växjö and studied a year at Växjö university.

How does it work with a gf in sweden amd how did you meet?`

B.t.w Washington State that's in the nowrthwest of the USA right. It's not the same as DC`?

5. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

She went to University in Vaxjo as well. We met in a game believe it or not..I love gaming though I am focusing more on my writing at the moment.

It doesnt work well..she visits here every three months at the cost of say around 1200 a pop..goes home for a month or two and comes back...immigration laws in the US dont recognize same sex couples. We are currently looking into other options, the fact that I have kids makes it even more difficult. *sigh* but such is life and we do the best we can..and yes im in washington on the west coast :) thanks for asking

6. Komisarek

Komisarek New Member

Wow didn't know that. That's really lame that same sex couples are treated differently. Isn't that a violation of human rights?

I've sympathy for you. The love of my life studied at New york university for four years. We sort of broke up but didn't replace each other and met during hollidays
    (Won't bore you with all details)
    I really missed her during that time. My phone bill went sort of through the roof.

7. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

LOL ya..the phone bills..a whole different story! The flight bills are what kills me..we use calling cards and skype a lot..skype is WAY cheaper..free actually :D
    Shes really awesome..and Im happy to have her here for the next three months. Im actually hoping to move to sweden with her but.,.lots to consider with kids

Ya America doesnt like homosexuals :p

8. franceslynn

franceslynn New Member

My publisher - Curt Eiworth is Swedish. He's bilingual. He's got a Swedish site as well as an international one.

HTML:

Frances Lynn is a professional writer and journalist. Her two novels, "Frantic" and "Crushed" are published by Eiworth Publishing at http://yourbookstore.eiworth.se/. Her musings about writing can be read at http://www.writerholic.blogspot.com/ Her personal website is http://franceslynn.org
    HTML:

9. lioness1612

lioness1612 New Member

Welcome!

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Interesting. Welcome!

11. Felony

Felony New Member

Welcome i am obliged to have you here.. I hope your stay is great...please tell me about Sweden

12. Komisarek

Komisarek New Member

Hmm what to say about sweden. The most specific is that we have an extensive welfare state and a very "equality minded" culture that transfers to all parts of life. But for large parts Sweden is like any western european country. We are abit like canada almost nobody lives in the north