1. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Calling any Dr Who/Torchwood geeks

Discussion in 'Research' started by Elgaisma, Feb 4, 2011.

I have had a fanfiction story running my head for a long time - if anyone has been a Dr Who for a few decades it involves the Kandy Man and the Happiness Patrol, crossed with the Wickerman. I want to include Captain Jack and the Doctor.

What would happen if I burned the Doctor and/or Jack. I know the Master was cremated. Would they/could they come back? Jack I think would probably find a way back but would he look like Jack ?

General opinions and discussion welcome.

2. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

What exactly do you mean by burn? Like a severe third degree burn or more or less pretty much burned to a crisp?

Because if the burning actually kills the Doctor then he couldn't come back. As for Jack... well Jack can't really die. Depending on how badly he was burned Jack may look anywhere from a black charred skeleton like thing to someone who looks like they got badly burned.

For the Doctor to survive he would have to have the fire put out and be able to regenerate. though I suppose he wouldn't need to put out the flames. As his body would just keep healing itself as it would be burned... I think. Not to clear on the whole regeneration thing to be honest. In truth I have only seen the new series. but yeah pretty sure because he did regrow a hand and that was hours after he regenerated.

3. Elgaisma

I am not sure - I want to use fire but I need to work out how far I can go with it, and exactly how to play the end as in who gets burned/who rescues etc

The rest of the story has been in my head for a few months - I had a vague memory that being burned to a crisp was something the Doctor couldn't regenerate from but clearly the Master managed some weird form of it. I can't bring myself to watch Children of the Earth again to see I think the answer for Jack is in there somewhere.

What I don't want is to bump them off permantly lol Want to do a happy ending.

4. Lothgar

Lothgar New Member

If a single cell of Jack remains, I suspect it would regenerate over time.

If the Doctor was alive and able to focus on regenerating himself, I can see no reason why he couldn't return.

If the Doctor was totally burned away (as in, for example, being tossed into the sun), I can see a good science fiction storyline taking the Doctor's hand from the glass tank in Torchwood and cloning him from it, but I'd think that the clone would not take into consideration the regenerations that came AFTER the hand was severed (thus giving him yet another one).

Just my initial thoughts on the matter :)

5. Elgaisma

the hand is now on the other Doctor that lives with Rose.

Looks like Jack needs a molecule left - OK me is thinking time vortex manipulator needs to be sonic'd again lol

I don't think either can be completely torched :)

6. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

If I remember correctly he had help as far as regenerating after he was cremated. But also he wasn't stable and was pretty much screwed.

7. Lothgar

Lothgar New Member

Oh yes, I forgot about that.

In that case, I suppose that the crafty Torchwood crew could...in theory...intercept a former incarnation of the Doctor, say Perter Davidson, for example...and extract a DNA sample for cloning?

Or I vaguely recall that Gallifrey had the DNA codes of all the Timelords on file. Post destruction of Gallifrey, an archive of the information could be "discovered" somewhere in a hidden, secret timelord complex that has been untouched for centuries, existing outside of the normal time/space continium.

However, that would open up the door for all sorts of timelords to return. Unless the archive was damaged and only a few DNA samples remained intact.

Hmmm... The possibilities...

8. Elgaisma

They do need to do something or we only have two more doctor's left - although did notice in the last series hints were dropped that they may just convieniently forget the 13 regeneration rule.

I kind of love watching it but I am not a massive enough geek to carry off torching them. I think I neeed a rescue plan.