1. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

Lady Fickle Says Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lady Fickle, Nov 3, 2016.

[​IMG]

“There is no greater agony

than bearing an untold story inside you.“

Maya Angelou

The morning starts with the obligatory cup of coffee, dark chocolate and the perfect melody of Rhapsody in Blue… Ah, those wonderful moments, when you are surrounded by treats, looking intently at the blank page. Writing is much like giving birth…Coffee helps. Collaboration helps, that’s why I am actively seeking for adherents, because teamwork somehow boosts my sense of humor, and it is legendary. But I still haven’t found what I’m looking for: that reliable, positive person who will be deeply involved in playing with me. That person with whom we will start a game, which will be an addiction, an indulgement, an obsession, and we will be joining efforts together every minute of every day to eventually see our story comes to life...Well, dedicated literary partners are as hard to find as in-love material.

So I keep calm and play with myself – I have an enchanting little blog…which I disclose whispering in your ear. They’ve told me my blog has to be read twice for the reader to know what happens…I think that’s fascinating.

Besides blogging, I am working on several books… and the heap is getting bigger every month, but I simply have trouble finishing them, because I get a little disappointed around the middle. Why? Because of all the things in the world I can’t create conflict. Having a rather harmonious personality, I can’t “kill my darlings” as Steven King proposes as a writing approach. In normal books, people climb the hill and stand there and sing: “Hooray!” Well, my characters are sitting on the top of the hill and crying from joy “Hooray!” the entire time, nothing bad ever happens to them…besides my scenes are like…the main character and ally boiling eggs together…

But then I am talented and prolific. I do not want to boast, but I am in the point of my life when talent is about to bump into experience, and something beautiful will spring out.

This is why I need a dashing writing buddy. Or several of them. I have created and populated this imaginary world, a beautiful magickal planet, with Enchanted Forests, Golden Rivers and Houses made of mushrooms, princesses and kings, and royals and their desires, and Gods and Goddesses, and elves, and dwarves, and fairies, and witches, and wizards, and for that matter unicorns, and fairy tale folk. Shapeshifters, magick wands, and sorceresses are welcome, as well as pendants and bracelets of different powers, and swords with names…oh!

And I want to write romance-vanilla stories which take place there.

I am painfully creative. I need help!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Lady Fickle, and welcome to WF. :)
    I hope you'll find collaborative partners here. Please have a look at the Forum Rules, as specific sub-forums here have different requirements. E.g. to enter the Collaboration sub-forum, you need to have been a member for 90 days and made 100 posts. We're building a community here, after all.

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.

Bulgaria is a lovely place, although I've only been to Sofia and Pamporovo. :)

-Kat

3. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

Hi Kat,
    I love my country - it's a small but great one.
    Is it proper to place here a link of a youtube video of my home city?

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Yes, that's fine. We only discourage self-promotion and self-advertising links here. :)

My husband is half-Bulgarian so he has family members in Sofia. I really like your culture, food, and everything I saw was very pretty over there, especially in the summer. I just loved the amount of roses alone! It was amazing. And the mountains were majestic. My home country (Finland) doesn't have mountains, so I'm always in awe when I see them. :D

-Kat

5. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

This is so lovely! I am happy with my culture. I happen to live in the sixth oldest city in the world - check the links below:

Plovdiv.

PLOVDIV.

6. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

How do you do Lady Fickle. I start my day with a cup of tea, the chocolate is optional, but sometimes I indulge first thing with chocolate chip cookies. I've just done rewrites on five chapters of my latest novel. I call it light fantasy because it takes place in current times but contains magical elements. I've already rewritten it once, have had family proof it, and am going over it once again. I think it gets better every time, but it seems I'm always finding something to fix. I give myself the gift of coming in here, after working on at least two chapters of my work. That's the deal, otherwise I could spend considerable time just wandering around in here. I am enjoying reading what other folks are writing and talking about. It's the first time I've ever found a forum that was worth being a part of...no stupid chit chat over meaningless stuff. So glad to know you, perhaps we shall inspire each other to push on. Your friendship is welcome.

Lady Fickle likes this.