Land of Five (Discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Earphone, Mar 15, 2011.

1. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

To tell you the truth my life totally changed and I´ve been feeling a bit depressed. I keep living and all and checking on this forum but when it comes to my hobbies writing/music I just feel out of energy =|

This is the final week of classes for me and Zev I know that he is full of exams haven´t talked to him in awhile.

I´m really sorry for the inconvenience

2. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that, and as I said before, you can wait 'til you're in the groove. If it doesn't happen, that's totally fine, I won't press it.

3. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Okay peoples, I've had two posts in a row; let's get crackin'.

EDIT: Plus Vamp, sorry I forgot you'd written too. *Thumbs up* But you others...

4. FaustusXIII

FaustusXIII New Member

Haha. Jester and I have mad plans.
    Just waiting on his next post. :-D

5. Buggy

Buggy New Member

I'm just bummed nobody is in my characters zone yet, but I guess I'll just keep fleshing her out.

6. Shadow Reeves

Shadow Reeves Active Member

On a plane filled with Motherf**king Snakes.
    hey hey prospective friends!

just looking to jump into this RPG, it has been far too long since i got involved.
    i know you said that you would say when you are no longer accepting characters, but there are already a lot. so just making sure one more is not an issue.

also - he can start wherever you like.

Shadow Reeves

7. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Ya sure, please PM me your character info.

8. Shadow Reeves

Name: Alliace Rottenthorn
    Race: Human

Appearance:
    Thin with wiry athletic muscle Alliace is short for his age at 5ft 3" (when he stands on his toes).
    tanned skin - darker due to the grime a muck that comes from living on the streets, with his black hair cut short and left to fend for itself - it only got cleaned when it rained. he has many scars, small and large all over his arms from knife fighting, and another thick silver scar from his left collar bone to just past his left nipple.

Alignment: neutral - unlawful
    Aura: Orange

Job/Occupation:
    Pirate come thief.

Clothing/Equipment:
    currently wearing what were once good clothes, but have since turned to rags. Torn cotton grey shirt - originally white with buttons, now was held together with string that criss-crossed to the breast bone. His pants are worse, originally thick trousers they now hung at the knee.
    his boots are of good quality leather and fit well - a gift from a stranger.
    He carries one long curved 7" knife at his belt - a gift from his father, and another smaller less ornate knife in his right boot.

Background:
    The product of a union between a known pirate and a whore. the story told by Alliace's crew mates goes that the captain took the whore to his own cabin rather than staying ashore. 4 years on the whore recognised the ship in harbour, and with a knife to the throat of Captain Rottenhorn's first mate, (who was visiting the brothel) she walked up the gangplank and thrust the boy in to the care of the pirates. All the while saying how a whorehouse is no place to raise a boy.
    to the day alliace left the ship, the captain never took another woman onboard.

So he grew up with a ship as a home, and learnt all there was to know about the ship and its working.
    at 10 he took up knife fighting with instruction from some of the sailors, and at 15 years old could best all of them in speed and skill. He cannot read or write, but knows the basics of several languages like his father. He also swears like his father.
    Alliace changed his name when he came ashore at 16 from Rottonhorn to Rottonthorn so as not be associated with the pirate gang. Not having the success he thought he would at honest work, he enjoys the simple life as a thief.

Companion(?): he did have a pet rat, but it stayed on the ship.

Miscellaneous info: likes oranges. does not like grapes or wine. has a phobia of overhanging branches from old dead trees.

9. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Dralge*?

10. Shadow Reeves

thats the problem with not calling it "port town1" and "port town2" i forget the spellings

11. Shadow Reeves

hey earphone!

i think we should catch the same boat :)

12. Shadow Reeves

where is everyone?
    there hasnt been another post for over a day

13. Depressing Jester

Depressing Jester New Member

Well, I'm working on a big post, just past the 3 page mark, and should have it done by tommorow. Can't speak for everyone else though. :p

14. FaustusXIII

FaustusXIII New Member

I am currently in league with Jester and will therefore post after he does. :3
    Excited to see...

15. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

As for myself, I'm trying to develop some plot for future posts, and am being stalled writing in the process. I'll have mine up sometime pretty soon.

16. Depressing Jester

Sorry for my tardiness guys! I'm working fast as I can. Up to 6 pages now though. lol

17. FaustusXIII

FaustusXIII New Member

Wow, Jester. o.o
    Lol. I'm excited to see this awesomeness.

18. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Are you still accepting people as this is going? I'd be intrestecd in joining in if you are.

I may design my own race, but it wont be anything too extreme, I have a plan :p Let me know asap please.

19. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Sorry for the double post, here's my charecters bio:
    p.s. what'd be the best way for me to become involved in things, I don't have time atm to read through everything thats happened.

Name: Falron Of The Seekers Landing

Race: Seeker – The Seekers are a very unknown race, there are very few of them spread amongst the land of Eophellia, they are a race of once humans, changed by the magic’s they commune with, there eye’s glow in various colours, depending on which element they can commune with the most. They originate from an unknown land across the seas, who left their homes after a great event that shattered the land they’d lived on.
    They are able to seek aid from the elements, use runes to enhance weaponry, but every time they make any use of the elements, they drain them self’s of energy by trying to channel the elements.

Appearance: She is tall and decently muscled, her eye’s glow a vivid blue. Tattooed runes run across various portions of her body, her hair is white, but can glow as she communes with the various elements. Her left arm is no longer human, instead, she has an arm forged from magic’s which is incredibly endurant, allowing her to better wield any element by channelling through he arm.

Alignment: Neutral, she seeks to keep the balance between either side of ‘good’ and ‘evil’ of the dominant races.

Aura: Violet

Job/Occupation: Traveller, mercenary

Clothing/Equipment: Her magically forged arm is covered in light armour, she wears a leather fashioned jacket/cloak, leather pants and boots with a cotton shirt. She also wears a pair of leather gloves. On each piece of clothing there’s a mark indicating her sect, although non would know of it. It is the shape of a circle, inside it is a horned beast, trapped within the circle.

She carries a drawstring sack with various tools as well as a sash made from leather that contains various tools as well as holding the scabbard for her blade. Her sword is 65cm’s long, by 5cm thick at the base, it is engraved with various runes down it’s length.

She also carries a dagger hidden in her left arm, again engraved with various runes.

Background: When she was 5 years, there was a great even in her village, The Seekers Lending, a great battle was thought with demons, shattering their home, her father disappeared during the fight, she and her mother fled to a ship which travelled to the Land of Eophellia, her mother died on the voyage from a wound sustained by an enchanted blade.
    She was taken in by another, an older master, who taught her the ways of the Seekers, although a lot of their origin and purpose was never know to her before her masters passing.
    Since then, she’s travelled across the lands, fighting when she’s needed to, becoming a mercenary, but only serving those he deems necessary.

Companion: The spirits of the elements, they are able to manifest them self’s and aid her in some ways, but are of no use in their manifestation during battle. Their manifestations being no larger then 15cm’s.

Miscellaneous info: She likes to be with others, although has never been able to find others to travel with, people have tried to abuse her abilities and body although met bitter ends. She doesn’t get along well with those other seekers or various magicians who try to abuse the elements in any manner.
    She has simple tastes, but is not a drinker. She can fast for 23 days before needing sustenance.
    When she fights, her eyes glow allot more vividly, this also enables her to see in the dark. Her eyes are enough to cause most who would challenge her to step down.
    She is an experienced swords man, but also trained to be able to wield many weapons.
    She has fought in the later years of ‘The War of 5’ in a great many battles. But only in battles where she’s found a reason to fight.

20. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Important Notice

You say you're busy, will that impede your writing? I already have several writers that joined up, but aren't writing anything. If you're going to join, please do so only if you will be able to consistently write parts.

If you are able to write, great, welcome aboard; if not, please wait 'til you have more time.

As of now, I'm closing the story to new applicants. (The exception being thenewpeter) If people still want to join, please wait, and also PM me. If there should arise a point in the plot where new characters could easily hop in, I'll let the applicants know. (after their PMs of course.)

21. Depressing Jester

BAM! Thirteen pages on OpenOffice! Just submitted! Look upon it and weep for the amount of life I had to give up to finish it! I am so full of myself right now. :p

22. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Well, my character just committed murder and now I have no idea what to do with him. Lol.

23. Shadow Reeves

flee to where the signing is!

24. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

lol, probably a good idea since my character seems to be going kind of crazy.

25. Depressing Jester

Oooh. I am very interested to see how a mentally unstable character would play out. You have peaked my interest sir! I would suggest flinging in some heavy emotional guilt. Good character building. Maybe he tries to repent, maybe his soul is hardened. (Perhaps you consult the works of Poe for inspiration?)