1. Larissa Redeker

Larissa Redeker Active Member

Larissa's Progress

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Larissa Redeker, Jun 4, 2014.

Well, I'm using the blog to show my progress, but now I'll use this thread :)

I have 5 projects, but I'm working in only two for now. One of them are in the "script" phase, the other, is more simple, a book of short stories. The book will have only 4 stories, because it's a test of the project I'm working on.

Until the end of the month I want to finish at least 2 short stories of this book, including the illustrations and revision. But for now only in Portuguese (I don't have money to pay for someone to translate and my knowledge of English isn't enough to make a good translation).

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Contributing Member Reviewer Contributor

Including illustrations? That's going to be tough. Nice to know someone is using this thread. Looking forward to watching your progress Larissa.

3. BookLover

BookLover Contributing Member

Oh thank goodness someone else posted in here! Good luck with your goals! I know you can do it!

4. Larissa Redeker

Yes. One of the stories are ready, I need only to finish the drawings, the other one is started. I use the plot structure to annotate the ideas, them I work on the text later. It's help me a lot. The first two drawing are almost finished, so, less work to do :)

:D

I hope a lot of people come and use this section :)

5. AndyC

AndyC Member

I just joined the "Progress Journal Team". Let's see how that goes :p
    Good luck! ^^

6. Larissa Redeker

Changing plans :/

I got a space on a stand in a japanese event (matsuri) this weekend, and another one in July, 5. Once I'm the "machine" that produce the goods that I sell, I need to focus on it.

And I'm making a dark elf cosplay. Once we are having some problems with importation of products here, I decided to make the wig by my own, instead of waiting 90 days or more to receive it. And this cosplay is for this weekend. It's my own char, and I want to use it to promote my work (well, it's working, I got a commission of a prop today, and tomorrow I'll know if I need to make another Loki's scepter, maybe the same happens with books).

My life is like weather forecast, sometimes work as you wanted, sometimes not. :rofl:

But I want to have at least one short story with all the illustrations to print and put in my stand to show my work, in July.

Does anyone know where has a cloning machine? Or a Tardis? Or a time-turner? :crazy:

7. Larissa Redeker

Ok, I cannot create deadlines for myself.

When you survive selling the things you do, handmade, and someone comes with a space in a stand in an event, you need to put all the other things aside and work. And there are the commissions too (things hard to make, btw).

Next event in 1 month, but this one is only for showing my work, not for selling, the other in 2 months. 4 days, lots of people, so I need a lot of products.

I hope I have enough time to fill my stock and work in my books.

So, no more date to finish the things. I will put something here when I have something to show :D

8. Larissa Redeker

Ok, let's talk about books I'm working on :D

(In Title I put the English version and the original in Portuguese. The book are only in portuguese for now).

Title: In The Fields of Time (Nos Campos do Tempo)
    Genre: Fantasy and Science Fiction
    Type: Saga (3 books)
    Status: developing the plot. For this one I need to develop the plot first, or I'll get a huge book full of plot holes :/ It's about the origins of dark elves.

Title: Light and Darkness (Luz e Escuridão)
    Genre: Science Fiction / Space Opera
    Type: Serie, or "many books as the readers wants to read". Inspired by german serie Perry Rhodan.
    Status: on hold. I wrote the first book 5 years ago, but I think I need to reboot this one :) About five creatures (three humans and two aliens) that are cloned every time they die, and they don't know why, or who is doing it.

Title: [not defined yet]
    Genre: modern fantasy (?)
    Type: novel
    Status: developing chars and plot. About an human entity that helps a detective and, as he says, to fix the mess that the cherubins do on people life.

Title: Of what dreams are made? (De que são feitos os sonhos?)
    Genre: Science Fiction / fantasy
    Type: Short Stories collection
    Status: working on this one, that will have only 6 stories. Some illustrations are full page, and replace two or three lines of text. Because that a story that have 3 pages in text only have seven pages in the format text and illustration.
    For this one I do the first revision, and a friend do a second revision. The illustrations comes after the text is finished.
    The stories are:
    - Of what dreams are made?: not started yet, but plot defined.
    - Full Address: this one have a long first version, not finished. Then I made a short version (only 1.804 words) by request to be published in an anthology six years ago. The new version is between the two. Started and working on it.
    - Return to home: finished and revised.
    - On air: finishing the text today, revision and second revision tomorrow :D
    - Trolls: not started, but idea is annotated.
    - The Day Before: and old story too that need some more work to finish, not too much work, only filling some plot holes.

Well, that's it for now :)

Charisma likes this.
  9. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Looks like things are on the roll for you :) good luck.

Larissa Redeker likes this.
  10. Larissa Redeker

Thanxs :D

I made today one of the illustrations, that will be black and white and sketch like.

[​IMG]

Okon likes this.
  11. Larissa Redeker

I finished today the shortest story of the book, with all the illustrations.

The drawings aren't so good now, because I made it very quickly only to show to some people and know what they think about the format. I posted it on groups on facebook for writers and readers. I hope someone want to see and give me some feedback :D

12. Larissa Redeker

Today I'm so bored that I stopped all the other work and made a cover :D

[​IMG]

13. Larissa Redeker

I'm dropping my writer "career". It's not for me.

14. Larissa Redeker

I'll wait until I've learned English very well to write my books in English. Brazil isn't a place to publish books :/ You cannot be a "commercial" author, it's a sin. If your book sells a little more than the average you are offending the gods of art and attracting their wrath upon humanity.

I'll go back to comics and games. Well, they need plots too :D

15. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Interesting. If I may, could you elaborate on that? I've always heard how advanced and enigmatic Brazil is, so I would find your take enlightening.

Also, keep at it. I'm also not a native speaker, and I don't really have the choice to write in my mother tongue because I am horrible at it. English is my only hope of expression, and well, you shall take up that challenge if you want to. :)

16. Larissa Redeker

Yes, I'll elaborate that :) But it will take some time, but today or tomorrow I make a post about it.

But, as a brazilian, I can assure that my country isn't advanced, we are in the worst positions in education, health and equality :/

And I take the challenge to learn English very well. And make games :)

Charisma likes this.