1. Scribbles

Scribbles New Member

Laurell k. Hamilton's Anita Blake Series-- When Enough is Enough.

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Scribbles, Sep 8, 2008.

If you have ever read the entire series from the first book, you probably are aware of how badly the Anita Blake series has spiraled. I just finished reading Blood Noir and for the first time ever, I feel like I've been ripped off. I've never felt that way about any of the books that I've bought but I definitely regret buying this one.

The sex thing has gotten old. The first time it appeared I was like, 'Oh Mrs. Hamilton, you rascally devil, you.' It was nice when Anita showed to have standards and those used to be the rules that restricted her but now, she's got every sort of man parading around in her bedroom, looking to get a piece. Why can't she just go back to Jean-Claude and Richard!? She hasn't even done a good murder mystery in the series in quite a while, the books are constantly full of her own personal harem-drama and no new plot has been shown for the last three books.

I'm sure there has to be LKH fans (or used-to be fans) out there! What do you guys think of the last book? Do you think that there is any redemption in the series or is it pretty much done?

2. dada11dada22

dada11dada22 New Member

I'm still reading Blood Noir haven't finished it but i think its ok compared to the other books