1. Beö

Beö New Member

Le Lurk

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Beö, Jan 18, 2008.

Greetings and Salutations or Hello. Possibly Hey, Howdy, Guten Tag, Hola, Hi, or eh. Whatever floats your boat.

For all intents and purposes I am Beo. I tend to lurk around on forums, getting more involved on some, others just ignoring.

Lets see. I've always loved to read as far as I can remember, which isn't very far. I do enjoy writing. Would seem rather silly of me to come here if I didn't. Mostly short stories. I don't have the attention span to write anything to long.

I also enjoy running distance. I also fiddle with Photoshop and do some text role playing on various places. Usually depends on the mood and which place is still running that day.

Hopefully I get involved here. It seems like a nice place thus far.

2. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hi Beo and welcome to Writing Forums

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Hello and we I'm sticking to that! And keep us bookmarked! ;)

Here's a basic welcome from all of us. It should be obvious, but in case it isn't, let me explain. The Writing Problems Area is exclusively where opinions on different ways to write, blockages in writing styles and similar problems can be discussed. In the Review Room, you can get critical appreciation and/or analysis of your written material. Behold, you must first review two pieces of writing before posting your own. This is ensure the pieces are evaluated to the most. Other than this, we have Writing Cotnests, weekly and monthly, where you can submit your writing. We also have Word games, Book Discussion and so on, classified under Community interaction. It may interest you if you're just hanging around.

adamant has been kind enough to put many of the things I have mentioned or missed out on in one comprehensive place. If you want to check it out, see the Newbie Packets:
    Noobie Packets! - Writing Forums

Enjoy it here, and don't feel shy to ask for help. We are all here to teach and learn in a mutual environment. And we hope you can do the same.

Regards and Best Wishes!

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Hello and well I'm sticking to that! And keep us bookmarked! ;)

Here's a basic welcome from all of us. It should be obvious, but in case it isn't, let me explain. The Writing Problems Area is exclusively where opinions on different ways to write, blockages in writing styles and similar problems can be discussed. In the Review Room, you can get critical appreciation and/or analysis of your written material. Behold, you must first review two pieces of writing before posting your own. This is ensure the pieces are evaluated to the most. Other than this, we have Writing Cotnests, weekly and monthly, where you can submit your writing. We also have Word games, Book Discussion and so on, classified under Community interaction. It may interest you if you're just hanging around.

adamant has been kind enough to put many of the things I have mentioned or missed out on in one comprehensive place. If you want to check it out, see the Newbie Packets:
    Noobie Packets! - Writing Forums

Enjoy it here, and don't feel shy to ask for help. We are all here to teach and learn in a mutual environment. And we hope you can do the same.

Regards and Best Wishes!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Aloha Beo, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to WF.org I hope that you have a most wonderful and pleasant time here with all of us.
    Torana

P.S. love the avatar and it freaked the heck out of me. I've a clown fobia I'm slowly overcoming...slowly. But yeah awesome av.