1. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

Forum Game: Likable or Not?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by GuardianWynn, Nov 5, 2015.

Someone just gave me an idea for a neat forum game. I think. Basic idea is this.

I will post a character concept. I will try to exclude exact actions and focus much more on character traits. I will try to be balanced as possible, by which I mean labeling their good side and there bad side. I will also label there role in the story or book. Then you rate if they are likable or not.

I think it might be fun for us to label concepts without context. Since the context of those character traits could be horrible as hell(by which I mean like kicking puppies) and yet we may still like them. It also seems like it could be a fun little way to get a critic on a concept without being overbearing.

If you feel like replying to more than one. I ask that you always reply to the last poster, as to make sure everyone gets at least one reply.

I guess I will open with my original Villain. Alptraumkatze.

Selfless or very concerned about the welfare of others.
    Dedicated
    Polite
    Intelligent
    Decisive (as in committed to ones decisions. Not one that rethinks about things later.)
    Socially awkward
    Over values the opinions of close friends
    Ruthless

So Likeable or not? So, go ahead and reply and then give us a new character to judge. Mew ha ha ha!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. Jeff Countryman

Jeff Countryman Living the dream

All but one of those reminds me of a typical doctor LOL (and actually, basically the same persona of a character that I'm working on) Likeable for sure! And you say he/she is the villain - yikes!! :)

3. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Two questions:

1) Readable, as in I approve of them, or as in I'd enjoy reading about them?

2) Can I also reverse it, context without concepts?

4. GuardianWynn

I would say approve. Sort of like the context of if someone said "Hey, wanna meet my friend. They are X,Y,Z and A." Would your response be like "Oh no. No way in hell am I spending an afternoon with someone like that!" or "Sure sounds fun! They sound like a nice person."

2. I see no reason why not. It is a forum game and meant to be fun while slightly useful.

5. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Alptraumkatze? More then likey, we'd get along pretty well.

6. GuardianWynn

Oh duh. I don't think I was very clear in my opening post. My bad.

This is meant to be like one of those pass along games. You answered, then you get to ask one. :D I wil edit to fix now.