1. Annihilation

Annihilation Active Member

Let's talk about UFO's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Annihilation, Nov 4, 2014.

Well, it's such a big topic. And it's also controversial since we all have different opinions about it.

Let's start with the phoenix lights. It's the most widely known sighting ever. It's also the best evidence we have.

Some theories say it's a government aircraft that is so big, it's a mile wide. Others say it could be a hologram experiment conducted by the government.

Alast, it could be aliens. Or other humans like us, who were just born on a different planet and adapted there.

But I personally think it was the government. Lockheed Martin is the key here.
    Just like the p791, this is another blimp. Spy blimp, perhaps.

I also made a homemade UFO using a giant triangle kite, some flairs attached to helium balloons and foil. I called the news and reported seeing a strange aircraft low altitude. Now people call me the aircraft man.

Give me your thoughts and opinions about this. What do you guys think, is Lockheed Martin responsible for UFOs?

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Most UFO sightings are just aircraft. That's the most logical explanation I can think of.

Lemon flavoured likes this.
  3. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

My house plant, Audrey II, told me that UFOs aren't real, and that I need to bring him blood.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Wyr, GingerCoffee and Jack Asher like this.
  4. Annihilation

Ah, but what kind of aircraft?

I don't believe in aliens, I just think it's some kind of government conspiracy. Plus, every UFO is an aircraft. Flying objects.

But who did it? Lockheed Martin?

5. jonahmann

jonahmann Active Member

When this video was new, I was into UFO research.

There's also strange objects on Google Earth.

6. thirdwind

Military/government most likely. A lot of sightings seem to happen around or near military bases. I don't think commercial planes are going to be mistaken for UFOs very often. I also don't think the government is conspiring to get people to believe in UFOs.

By the way, Lockheed Martin isn't the only supplier of military aircraft.

Not necessarily. Weather balloons are flying objects. Technically, a piece of fruit you can't identify being thrown at you is a UFO as well.

7. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

Travis Walton, Rendlesham Forest and, yes, Roswell, all suggest something beyond secret government projects to me, though I think the huge triangular silent craft are ours.

8. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

Considering how technologically advanced we are nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me if most if not all UFO sightings were actually top secret government projects.

And as technology continues to improve, I think these government experiments will continue to get stranger and more odd.

9. jonahmann

jonahmann Active Member

I don't see why it's so hard to believe that extraterrestrials could be researching Earth when the multiverse is so vast.

Another interesting story is Bob Lazar. He says he worked on a government project to reverse engineer extraterrestrial spacecraft and goes into the science behind it.

10. thirdwind

Has anyone been able to independently verify Lazar's claims? It doesn't seem like it.

11. Ulramar

Ulramar Contributor Contributor

It'd all be classified and he'd be a whistleblower. No one would confirm it.

12. thirdwind

They can't even confirm that he has degrees from the universities he claims he has degrees from. That alone raises a red flag.

13. Ulramar

Oh jeez.

14. Lemon flavoured

Lemon flavoured Active Member

I would imagine that a lot of UFO sightings over the years can be explained by planes like the SR-71, F-117 and B-2 and various drones. Would be interesting to plot "black triangle" UFO sightings with where the military tested F-117s and B-2s.

15. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, UFOs are a more worthy topic than the use of hallucinogenic drugs. Unless, of course, if one led to sightings of the other.

16. Ulramar

You did UFOs and saw hallucinogenic drugs???

17. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Don't forget that some UFO sightings have been traced to optical artifacts in camera lenses and airplane windows. Glass does some weird things sometimes and people are easily fooled.

18. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Not to mention thermal inversion layers, especially in desert climates.

minstrel likes this.
  19. Annihilation

That's something worthy of talking about right there!

There was this case a while back, a teenager got fired for a prank and decided to consume mushrooms that night. To make a long story short, he reported seeing a low altitude Dino aircraft and it got a lot of buzz.

Living in phoenix, UFOs are very likely to be seen. Sometimes, I sleep on the roof of my house with my 2 way radio on in case of a ufo sighting.

20. Vandor76

Vandor76 Senior Member

Maybe I'm a bit harsh here but I think 99% of the UFO sightings are because people are as simple as a wooden cube. They shout "Look UFO !!!!" to commercial aircrafts, balloons, satellites, clouds, the Venus, the Moon and in general anything they see when they look up. Maybe the Sun is an exception but I would not be too surprised to hear that someone have already reported it as a UFO.

The remaining 1% is mostly dreams, hallucinations or made up stories of people trying to get attention. Stories like "the UFO took me to his spaceship and had anal sex with me" are ridiculous (at least to me). If a well known UFO fanatic says that he has seen the most spectacular spaceship ever reported in history, I remain skeptic.
    Only a few of these stories are from people who seem to be serious, tell the truth about what they saw and do not mix up a Boeing 747 with an alien aircraft. This means that be it the aliens or the government, whatever they do, they do it very rarely or have a pretty good camouflage.

Aliens or the government? I say time-travelers :)

Mr. Smith sees a UFO. There is a big hype about his story and a large crowd of news staff is waiting in front of his house. Finally the door opens and Mr. Smith shares his story with the media :
    - "So I was coming home from the pub late night and it was very dark" - he begins "It was so dark, that I could not see my own hand. It was really-really dark that night"
    - "Tell us about the UFO" - a reporter asks
    - "OK, so I was walking in the dark, when suddenly - WTF? - then it was dark again"

21. jonahmann

jonahmann Active Member

90% of the ten thousand UFO sightings a year are explained.

From memory, a file on Lazar did show up at his university even after the government allegedly tried to erase his existence.

22. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I don't think we have ever been visited by aliens. One thing I cannot help but think, is aliens travel billions of light years, cross galaxies to go to Someplace, Nowhere; and apparently with the sole intention of sticking things up country-folk's arse holes. I mean, how much information can you really get from 30 years of human experiments?

You'd think they would go somewhere more picturesque, like St Lucia or Cuba.

I like Bill Hicks's comment of aliens being interstellar rednecks 'Naw, we just had a long trip, we're gonna kick back and wittle some, HEH-HEH!'

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  23. Annihilation

But
    but what about the phoenix lights? Our state governor at the time even claimed to have seen it. And I'm definitely not saying it's aliens from another planet. I'm saying, it's either a three dimensional hologram conducted by the government, and they're keeping it a secret for shady reasons, OR it's an aircraft conducted by the government, either a spy ship, cargo ship or fighter ship.

But I'll tell you what, if it's a government made aircraft it's a fucking expensive and amazing one.

Mile wide. Huge lights that dim slowly from bright to dark. Dead silent. Triangular. Very low altitude.

Any ideas on what those descriptions meet???!!!!

24. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

The state governor is just a person. His rank in society has no bearing on his ability to see. Really, what's the difference between he and your average joe? Sure some crazy person could have imagined lights, but if the lights were there ir may been UFO in the actual sense - a UFO in this sense can originate from planet earth, because you don't know what it is. It could be anything, an air-force wing of F-117s that decided to change direction for some reason, air balloons, anything.

The United States spends more on military expenses than the next 5 countries combined, the cost is a little irreverent when you are literally talking about billions of dollars ever year.

25. Vandor76

Vandor76 Senior Member

@Annihilation : have you seen the lights over Phoenix? If yes, tell us, don't keep it for yourself :)

If you haven't already I suggest that you read the Wikipedia article about "Phoenix Lights" and also about the "1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident". Both are very well organized collections of the facts and the possible explanations.

I've searched for "Phoenix Lights" in Google image search and found only two types of images : a series of bright points and badly PhotoChopped fake ones. Based on that and what I've read on the Wiki I think the most reasonable explanation is that the lights were flares dropped by military aircrafts.