1. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

Let's try writing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BadCrow, Feb 26, 2016.

Hello there,
    I recently stumbled across this forum in my search for some place to find kindred spirits when it comes to writing. I am 22 years old and from austria, so forgive any mistakes i may make in my posts (do correct me though if you don't mind)
    Two months ago i started writing down some of the stories which have been plaguing my mind and ever since then I have been trying to write my first draft for a book.

A.S.Ford likes this.
  2. Judahml

Judahml Member

Welcome Badcrow! Glad to meet you, what kind of stories plague your mind? Sounds slightly zombieish.

3. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

Well I'm currently working on a piece about the rise of mankind. The world I'm creating is a very young one so there wont be a lot of old artifacts and stuff like that, instead i want to cover a long period of time in my book (and possibly futre books) so that every artifact is something the reader already knows from a previous chapter of the book.
    I recently finished the second draft of a shortstory which takes place two hundred years before my book starts.

and the stories plague my mind in the sense that i can realy get them out of my head.. so i thought writting them down might help with that.

4. A.S.Ford

A.S.Ford Active Member

Hi BadCrow, welcome to the forum, if you are looking for kindred spirits you definitely came to the right forum! Your current piece sounds really interesting and unique :) I look forward to hearing more about it.

5. Judahml

Judahml Member

That's a fun idea, I haven't read any books about that time frame, I think it would be a crazy one for character development.

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, fellow writer! :) Do you write in English or German?

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Hope to see you around :).
    -Kat

7. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, I write in english since it proved to be a lot easier that way... (german grammar is the horror!)