1. staceylouise

staceylouise Active Member

end of my plot.....

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by staceylouise, Jan 30, 2014.

In need of some advice please! Ok I don't want to give too much away but I have a central character which at the end of the plot faces a big dilemma resulting from previous events. She's pregnant. At present I have her confronting who she 'thinks' is the father, and who she wants it to be, -but he doesn't want to know and tells her to get rid of it, -obv she's upset but still doesn't know what to do. It cld still b someone else's - who's baby she doesn't want, and she needs to know first, but then what does she do? If it turns out to be the 1st guys and he doesn't want to know, she wants to keep that piece of him inside her, to keep forever, but she also faces her future and her dreams. She wants to be an actress and go to drama school, so would dash her plans , and ruin the relationship she's semi - in at the present time already. The ending falls on her decision. But, does she make the baby turn out to be daddy num 2?, then threaten to ruin his marriage by telling his wife? But where would that get her really as an ending? And if she blackmailed him it would be good , but my main character is very aware of her perfect figure and I don't think pregnancy is for her to be honest as wouldn't fit in with how she is portrayed in the book. In body or mind. If she stays pregnant she either does it alone and runs away too ashamed too hang around or paid to go away? Or she stays with her current partner, who comforts her, she has an abortion which is a bit emotional, but then they run away together on another road - leading to another story, another book? I can't see her gaining anything from daddy number 2 :( he'd tell her to abort too to save his marriage or any upset. Or daddy num 2 could be pleased and want her to keep it as his wife can't have kids, but she's in love with someone else so just can't do it. ?????? HELP!!!!!! I have so many possible endings. I know where it starts, where it's going all the way through, but I don't know the 'exact' ending. I need to get it straight in my head. I would ideally like her to run away, possibly with or without her current partner, so it leaves it open for another book. Which I've already got in my mind. So maybe the abortion route and running away would be the best ending? But would this leave too much questioning from the reader? As in, would it not be enough closure of that partic plot? Advice please! Oh and sorry for some abbreviations in here, I'm using a phone to type this and it's all text typing lol :)

2. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Geez, that was a mouthful! I was a bit confuzzled by the plot, so all I can say is to trust yourself. Figure out what you want to write, change the character as nessacary, and then write the story!

peachalulu likes this.
  3. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Please use paragraph breaks, I had to copy paste this into a notepad just to break it up so I could read it.

Now, you got multiple ending ideas.
    If you're unsure on where to go:

1 - what would the character do. You gave her a personality, so she should act upon that persona.
    2 - If you're trying to send a message, a moral, or want a specific impact, you'd have to tailor everything so the ending that does this best has a strong impact.

4. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

confuzzled - love it, Duchess!

To Stacey - Try leaving it open ended. Start writing, let the characters develop and they'll steer the course.

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh likes this.
  5. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Thanks! I heard that word from a girl at school, adopted it, And made it my mission to use it anywhere I could! :D

peachalulu likes this.
  6. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

I am wondering where it came from.
    I remember using it myself years ago.
    Think I learned it during my time in the fanfic community or maybe anime...

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh likes this.
  7. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Yeah, it might have been from them, too.

8. staceylouise

staceylouise Active Member

Paragraph spacers.... um noted :) yeah I've got my ending now, and my opening for a follow on book, which is good.
    I know there was a lot to take in there-I was trying to get it out in one go (beating in mind I had 3 kids running around me causing mayhem at the time too and I was using a mobile phone to post)-so don't think paragraph spacers were an option there!!
    Thanks for your advice guys. I'm found of my character so I know where she will end up now.