1. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Life in the Future

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reggie, Feb 3, 2011.

What do you think life will be like 100 years from now, or even 1,000 years from now (although we all won't live that long). Just use your imagination.

Here are some things I will think would happen hundreds of years from now:

• There would be no more paper, since technology will grow to the point that we could do things on the computer.

• It will be illegal to carry paper money, or paper money will be eiliminated. All of our money will be run on debit/credit cards. In additon, we probably would not need a checking/savings account. The government will probably carry our money, while we have to go to an ATM and type our personal information, such as adress, phone numbers, etc. to withdraw money from our account.

• All cars will probably be ran on electricity.

• Since the water level is low now, water will probably be one of the main causes of war.

• More and more people will be sel-employeed

• Education will be paid by the government.

2. art

art Contributor Contributor

Perhaps you will enjoy this, Reggie

http://www.futuretimeline.net/

3. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Let's see... in a hundred years:

• Most things will be more similar to our own time than we ever thought.
    • A few things will be very different, but those will be entirely new things we could never predict.
    • The old will be worried about the state of the youth, and complain that the music they listen to is not real music.
    • People will argue about which religion to follow (or not follow).
    • The poor will argue that riches should be more fairly distributed, while the rich will argue that they've earned it all through their own efforts.
    • Most politicians will be cowards who only say what they think will please the public.
    • Most people won't have the time or inclination to learn about politics, and will vote for a party or candidate without knowing what their policies are.
    • We've found something other than oil to fuel our personal transportation.
    • There will be fewer wars, and they will be fought from a distance with robots and unmanned drones.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Doubtful. Humans like hardcopies. We've had the technology to do away with paper for a very long time now and there is as much paper as there ever was. It's not for lack of technology. Paper fills a human need to have something tangible and real to hold and look at.

Again, I doubt it. Fiat money is an intangible concept made tangible. Money no longer has intrinsic value. It is a symbol of value. Humans like tangible things, as stated earlier. Plus there will always be humans unable to participate, for one reason or another, in the electronic version of monetary transactions.

Maybe. But not for a long, long, long time. It isn't just about going green. It's about dismantling other economic infrastructures that are already tied into petroleum and which are also interconnected to other dynamics. Gasoline powered cars are only one strand in a very large web.

Yes. This I can see happening.

Meh. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Nope. At least not in the U.S. Education here is already under the umbrella of business.

5. yuriicide

yuriicide New Member

I can see a very dark and depressing future arriving...I don't want to get rid of my car or book or paper or PEN! :D

6. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

In a hundred years time?

*They'll probably announce a trip to Mars, or maybe even go back to the moon.

* The internet will be for old timers, and kids will be out doing something much more cooler.

7. yuriicide

yuriicide New Member

* The internet will be for old timers, and kids will be out doing something much more cooler.[/QUOTE]

This made me literally laugh out loud :p