1. Addicted2aa

Addicted2aa New Member

Life's dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Addicted2aa, Mar 21, 2009.

I assume many of the users here dream of being writers, but for those of you that see writing simply as a hobby what do you want to do with your life? What do you dream of doing and being? Most importantly why? Anyone who dreams of being a writer I would love to know why that is your dream, but please don't just write "I want to write novels for a living. lol :)"

I'm want to get into cybernetics. I think that the future of mankind is by augmenting our bodies and minds with technology. I know that some day we will need to worry that AI will come to dominate though that day may be centuries away. I see that our only way of preserving our species is to make our minds faster. That is a far away dream though and a more realistic dream is to work on prosthetic limbs and perhaps even coming up with a synthetic replacement for ligaments and tendons in people with arthritis.

2. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

Next to your dream, mine is gonna seem so small, haha..

Anyway, I want to one day own and run a hotel, preferrably a high end one. I just like the idea of having that tedious responsibility (I know, I'm weird) but at the same time get that frequent change that I need in order to stay out of my depression. It's win-win. And hey, what better way to get a cast of characters than to meet new people everyday.

3. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I try and try to decide what I want to do with my life, but I just don't know... I guess the trouble is a was raised with the expectation that women were supposed to stay at home and be mothers, so when I was younger I never put much thought into a career. I WOULD really like to be able to support myself as a writer, but I also think it would be fun to open a bookstore or a small movie theater or something like that.

4. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I have lots of dreams...

I'm studying electrotechnology, to eventually earn a degree in electronic engineering - but I'd be happy enough fixing electronic equipment.

I'd love to run an antique bookstore - the kind that gets hardly any customers but somehow still manages to make a decent amount of money, so I can sit behind the counter perusing dusty books and (in my dream version) not have an allergic reaction to the dust-filled air. (Other versions of this dream include a movie/memorabilia store or music store).

It would be equally awesome to be a film/book/music reviewer, or game reviewer/tester.

I also have dreams of getting a book published, then receiving a call from a film studio who wants to option it, followed by McFarlane toys who want to sculpt collectible figurines of the main characters....

Lastly, as I believe I may have mentioned some time ago, I want to be a cloud tester - for springiness, the frequency and effectiveness of silver linings, and possible cures for allergic reactions when heads are in them.

5. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

You're a fan of Tood McFarlane Gone Wishing?!
    *Throws into embrace*
    Yay, another friend. Lawls.

As for my dreams..

I'd like to be independent. I'd love to live in the country, in a nice house with really strange, colourful furniture and knick-knacks. I'd also like a studio outback where I can paint. As for my career, I'd like to be a part of a small practice which counsels adolescents.

6. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

As I'm retired there's not a lot left. I really really really want to make the writing work though, it's no fun living on a small income and the time will come when I am unable to maintain the house and garden and will have to "have a man in" :redface:
    Or a woman, of course, times are changing.

7. othman

othman New Member

I personally just want to be happy xD. I mean, everyone just seems content to go with the flow; get a job which you don't like but pays the bills but your job is such a large part of your life! I'm personally hoping to get a pilots license and going to live in British Columbia whilst being payed as a geologist or bear researcher or something. Beautiful place, and in the winter I'll fly off to somewhere else that's warm and research nature there... that's my dream of the month ... more down to earth is to become a zoo keeper as I'd be with animals as a living ... anyhow, I get influenced a lot, I wonder what my next dream will be... =)

8. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

My dream is to slowly move away from the city and into the country. Be alomost (but not 100%) self efficient. Where i plan on moving (country wise) id like to open a small cafe and meet and talk to intreresting country (more relaxed) people.

If the misses dream comes true soon, then the above will happen. But right now, its a dream.

9. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Dream#1-Work and Live in Greece; I love Greece, that's one country I like almost as much as India, and well, it's like, the country's calling me. Sound's weird, but it's true.

Dream#2-Become an executive officer(like without joining the IAS like my father's saying). I love economics(even though I don't have it) and I think, that by working for economics I can do my bit of share helping the global economics(other than by spending money).

Dream#3:Set up a Global Emergency Funding Community. Hopefully, this'll be a small contribution in disaster mitigation. If there are funds available at a large scale, and immediately, the impact of disasters will reduce.

Dream#4-Get married and have a few children, adopt a few(no comments)

10. sophie.

sophie. New Member

I'd like to live in France when I'm older, and/or move back to Sydney...basically travel a lot, not necessarily as a tourist but live in lots of different places. And I need to decide what I want to do with my life haha, I have no idea what I'll do after school...

11. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Only if it were programmed by lousy programmers.

Uh, personally, my number one dream is just being a game developer, and tell my stories (they don't really have to do with each other). Also, building a pyramid to bury me in when I die. That'd be just awesome.

12. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

I don't think I have a specific outline as far as a life dream goes. I do know one of my greatest goals in life is to have at least one novel published. I very much like the idea of being a writer for the rest of my life, but at the same time there's so many other things I want to do with my life; I want to travel and see other ways of life; I want to have a career where I dress up and go to an office building, the whole 9 to 5 deal; I want to have a family and be a home maker, just watching my kids grow up, picking them up from school, cooking them dinner, all of that. Right now, though, I am enjoying life each day at a time and working from there. I'm only 20, so the way I figure it is I have time. Right now if I'm trying to live out any of my dreams it's the traveling aspiration of mine, thanks to the Air Force. But really I want to be able to be 60 and look back on my life and say, 'wow, I experienced and lived as much of life as I could.'

/ramble

13. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Well, I don't know a huge amount about the man himself, other than what's mostly general knowledge... But he gets major props for the meticulous crafting of his character toys. (I had to take Dark Cloud - from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - out of the box, but I have thus far been able to leave the MGS figs. alone, even though I really want to assemble Ray... >_>).

(Also, I feel the compulsion to apologise for the fact that in order to quote only that part of your post, I deleted your dreams. :eek:)

14. lessa

lessa New Member

being older than most of you here some of my dreams have already come true.
    I always wanted to be a housewife and mother.
    I have been a stay at home wife and mother now for 34 years.

2nd dream was to raise well adjusted children who would make their own way in the world.
    oldest son is married with 3 children and is a well paid happy welder and husband and father here in Canada.
    youngest son is now married and extremely happy in China.

3rd dream was to have children around to tell stories to.
    Well no young children any more but being here has showed me that with work I can write decent stories and

4th dream is to set up a web page or blog to write my stories in so children and parents can read them for free.

I think I have my major dreams well in hand and will be working on the 4th this summer.

15. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

My life dream is pretty much

[size=+7]ACT![/size]

That's it.

16. Sabreur

Sabreur Contributor Contributor

At the combination pizza hut and taco bell
    Traum Nummer Eins: Live in Ireland.

Traum Nummer Zwei: Be a writer.

Traum Nummer Drei: Be good at something physical. Like Judo or something.

17. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

- Get my Info Tech degree (which I start next year).
    - Live in Spain for six months (after I know enough (learn) Spanish).
    - Get married & have children.

Other than that it's pretty open-ended.

Edit:

- Get a Psychology degree sometime after :p

18. Azkadellia

Azkadellia New Member

I have many dreams, though I'm not sure how realistic they are considering my current situation...

My main dreams are based around my interests in archaeology, languages and psychology, though the one thing I want more than anything is to be a mother...