1. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Sacred Truths of Life

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hulk, Apr 30, 2008.

This is by no way my own; it was posted in a blog by Quills by Pens. Just wanted you all to see this and think about it.

I've learned that we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

I've learned that no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I've learned that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. The same goes for true love.

I've learned that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I've learned that you can keep going long after you can't.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I've learned that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I've learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I've learned that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I've learned that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many years you have lived.

I've learned that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I've learned that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do love each other.

I've learned that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

I've learned that two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different.

I've learned that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.

I've learned that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

I've learned that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I've learned that the people you care about most in life are sometimes taken from you too soon.

2. lessa

lessa New Member

very thought provoking.
    I have found many of the same things.
    In stereotyping young people are not supposed to figure this out until they are no longer young people.
    glad you did.

Hulk thanks for posting this. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

3. Hulk

Hulk Banned

yep.....I'm glad to have seen this while I'm still young.....I think everyone should just glance through it........

4. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Great post, very thought provoking, I agree with a lot of it. I especially liked this line- "I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many years you have lived."

It's so true. I see so many people get shot down in debates and arguments because of their age and it's ridiculous. A person's age does not devalue their opinions or views, it's their attitude that does that.

"I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief."

That one's great, too.

5. Hulk

Hulk Banned

More people should read this, you know :(

6. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

It seems like the kind of thing you'd fine in a bargain bin "Chicken Soup" anthology...

7. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

hmm, Quills by Pens can send it to Chicken soup. It'll get thw message to more people, who need it.

8. PrincessGarnet

PrincessGarnet New Member

Yeah i think that's when you know some has lost a debate when they attack the person's age, sex, race etc - although of course age is less controversial

9. zorell

zorell New Member

This screams "make me a sticky." Thank you Quills by Pens for writing this, and HULK for making it your signature, I don't think I would have known it existed otherwise, and I realize that I needed to "hear" some of these lessons.

*bangs them into her thick skull*

10. lessa

lessa New Member

I've learned that two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different.

I like this one but I have also learned that two people can look at something and see the exact same thing.
    I don't know if it is love, or just being on the same wave length but my husband and I do this all the time.
    We are driving and see a cloud and we start to say what we see in it at the same time.
    It is a nice feeling for us but it may not be for others.

I have learned that differences are good in all things.