Tags:
  1. Corgz

Corgz New Member

Novel Name for my novel?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Corgz, Apr 18, 2012.

I need a name for my novel.

Its about kids who have to fight to the death (Stop with the hunger games things, okay?)
    18 kids are split into two team and then put onto an island where the winning team goes home.

At the moment its called "Sterling Silver" but thats an odd name... I want silver to be somewhere in the title or something because its the 25th tournement (Silver is 25 years of marraige.. so i incorperated it...)

Help would be muchly appreciated :)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Don't worry about it. Call it Fizzbits. Call it Snargle Wargle Whoop. Call it Untitled #417.

The title can wait until the story is done and ready to submit. Not first draft done, but really done. Up until then, just give it a working title, with every intention of changing it later.

3. Corgz

Corgz New Member

I was doing that, but the title is meant to paly some large roll in the games... I need the title first and then i can continue the story...

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The title is the packaging for marketing. It should not count on having a role(sic) in the story.

The story comes first, both in prioritization and in real time.

And if the title IS that tightly coupled to the story, it HAS to come from you.

5. names

names New Member

A story grows and in my opinion is spontaneous. The way it comes out no one can guess. After you write a couple of pages, and get an idea of the main ideas then you can have a genuine interest in writing the novel with and putting in the title. Titles aren't important, and I'd guess your editor would handle that. So I hope this post was genuine enough.