Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

X-men The New Generation

Discussion in 'Archive' started by S-wo, Jan 2, 2009.

X-men: The New Generation

[​IMG]

X-Men: The New Generation​

The year is 2010. Many years have passed since the mutant rights act had started. With the conforms of leaders like Professor Charles Xavier, Hank McCoy, Ororo Munroe, and Emma Frost, the world had started to see a positive change in relationships between humans and mutants. Some states started recognizing the rights to mutants and granted them to be treated equally in all medical facilities and made it unlawful to to fire or not hire someone based on their genetic make-up. Unfortunately, the positive changes did not last long. The federal government suddenly started to ban all previous right to mutants in all fifty states. This erupted fury in the hearts of many of the mutant population and stirred numerous riots across the country, which led to several miniature wars across the states between mutants and humans. With this huge amount of turmoil and chaos, the new heads of the X-men and The Brotherhood see this moment as an opportunity to protect mutants from this reign of prejudice terror.

All right here's a new RP to get ourselves entertained and occupied. For this RP I hope it could be a little more successful than the others by setting clear goals before we start. Here is the character profile template. For the first mission we are to investigate the murder of a senator. Details will come later. Please post your Character profile only for approval before starting. All members with the exception of myself will be playing as X-Men members only. The Brotherhood might make an appearance in the RP, so you are also free to think of some new potential members if you so choose, but I will be controlling them. At this point all profiles are to be posted in the discussion thread and if you have any questions, please put them in the discussion thread thank you. :) All RP rules apply here as they do in any other RP.

Name:

Codename: (What your character is called during missions)

Height:
    Mascot: (meaning if they resemble characters like Beast or Hepzibah)
    If so then put a description here, if not then put no
    Appearance: (is not required if a mascot)
    Mutant Abilities: (A general explanation of your character's powers, you are limited to two.)
    Limits & Weaknesses: (Every character must have a limitation or weakness for a power. This is to prevent god modding)

Bio: (Character's history in here)

And yes I'm man enough to play a woman.

Name: Dr. Matilda Wyrmwood
    Codename: Bookworm (X-men Leader)
    Height: 5’ 6”
    Mascot: no
    Appearance:A young Caucasian female with long brown hair and blue eyes. Likes to wear business suits and sweaters often.
    Mutant Abilities:Telekinesis, Telepathy
    Limits & Weaknesses: Telekinesis
    Matilda's use of telekinesis is powered by the emotions of anger and irritation. In the events that she is experiencing a high measure of either emotions her telekinetic powers become uncontrollable. Her powers are strong enough to rip off the arms of a human or a robot, but she barely uses that much force in fear of losing control and hurting others.

Telepathy
    In certain conditions it is painful for Matilda to look into someone's mind especially numerous people on a large scale or persons who are mentally unstable. Her telepathy is on a level that rivals Professor Xavier's.

Bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_(film)
    I always had expected that Ms. Trunchbull was mutant as she was incredibly strong. I once saw her lift a car and kick a cat a hundred feet away. She also seemed to have keen senses as well. For reference there was a time when my mother and I were in her house and opened a candy jar. She discovered we were in the house by sniffing the lid. A few weeks after my biological parents gave me up for adoption to Ms. Honeybee, I was given a test by the school board to see where my educational boundaries were. They said I could prepare for college in a few years and they put me in the tenth grade.
    After those years I began college at the University at Winsconsin and graduated at age thirteen with a bachelor’s in English. I then continued on to school at Harvard studying civil rights and law and receiving a doctorate at the age of 17. I also got a degree in education in Florida, a Master’s in electrical engineering and business in California, and two PHDs in New York in biochemistry, and psychology. As I grew older I realized I had another ability as well. Telepathy. I sort of lost in touch with my friend Lavender over the years and I had once saved her from a death that was sure to come. In my times of schooling, the issue of mutants was growing rampant with the dozens of hate crimes committed on both sides of the spectrum. Most people didn’t know that I was a mutant as I hid my abilities in the public. I felt strongly about the situation and I found Dr. Hank McCoy inspirational. Then there was one day when I was contacted by Xavier’s School for the gifted with a request by the former headmistress to run the school for her, I jumped onto the offer. She introduced me to the school and also informed me that she was in charge of a group whose duty was to protect both human and mutant rights in the USA. The group was called the X-men and with her stepping down as both headmistress and leader of this group, I also became the leader of this new generation of X-men.

2. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Let the Games Begin!

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Name: Mellona Grey [Pronounced: Mel-lone-a]

Codename: Freakshow

Height: 5'1"
    Mascot: No
    Appearance: http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp235/Tom_Pickle/belphegor22.jpg?t=1234115971
    Alien Symbiont Appearance: http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/Mean_Dragon/Spider-man/venom_i4.jpg <---think that just more muscular, with wicked fangs, four arms, and more power oh and no spider on it...big massive black wicked alien thing
    Mutant Abilities: Alien Symbiont...the alien can take over his body whenever it wants since it has a mind of it's own slight personality. It can throw trucks and people all over the place.
    Super strength
    Limits & Weaknesses: The Alien leaves Mellona tired and weak...and at times if the Alien uses to much energy they will need to absorb life energy to stay alive
    Allegiance: X Men

Bio: Mellona lived a mostly normal life. He lived in an suburban home with his mom and dad. Though he never understood those restless nights he had or the other things that went on with him. He just thought that maybe it was some undisclosed disorder. He said nothing to his parents of course. Truth was Mellona was only half human.

4. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Well, from what I see your character would be considered a mascot by either appearances since they're both inhuman looking. I would like more of a detailed name of the power, say like super strength or flight.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

How does his human form not look human?
    He's just a gothic boy. ;)

And I edited to call it super strength to make you happy.

6. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Oh, to me I thought the white skin, blue hair and the sharp blue finger nails seemed inhuman. Profile Approved.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

To me he was gothic, emo, lol!

Edit: Anyway it's an anime character they always look inhuman. None of them have normal hair colors or normal skin colors.

8. zorell

zorell New Member

Name: Llilith McCoy

Codename: Rayz

Height: 5'9"

Mascot: I have to be honest and say Mystique(SP?) but only in that her light sometimes gives her a blueish glow.

Appearance: She has light blonde hair that curtains around her, it's past her knees because she has never, ever in her life, cut it because she was told that her strengthis contained in her hair. She wears large glasses that magnify her eyes from their thickness and have completely see-through frames, the glasses also work the other way around, she can focus her light through them imitating lasers. She is lean but somewhat weak and only uses her strength as a last resort if she is approached before she can use her Light.

Mutant Abilities: Light, she glows in general and can focus it to her hands (creating heat) her eyes, creating lasers, and simpoly shine and become Beacon. She doesn't use Beacon often, but, when she does, she also levitates because it is her very last resort when in fear of peril.

Strenghts and Weaknesses: Her light can be both innocuous, as in she simply shines or glows, or lethal, when she focuses or sends it to her hands. Beacon is a last resort because it drains her. Also, if she is mortally wounded, her body will immediately Stutter Glow and she will burn out. Her body does not consider Light a priortiy, so she is of little use when drained of blood or energy, so she constantly eats to mantain the energy needed or reserve.

Allegiance: X-Men

Llilith showed great poential in school, accelerating beyond her peers and entering high school at 12. Many noticed, but none ever mentioned that she seemed to glow when happy, shine when complimented, and even burn when spurned...until the day she was attacked by envious peers and issued her first Beacon. Nobdy understood why the girl suddenly floated into the air, shining brighter than the sun itself, and managed to evade every attempt to retrieve her. It wasn't untill she finally descended that her parents realized their daughter was different, more different than they had first expected. In fear that she might be attacked again, she was quickly sequestered to her home where she staid secluded for two years until representatives from Xavier's School for the Gifted(tell me if I have the wrong title) contacted the family and explained the benefits of the institution. It was a bittersweet good-bye, but Llilith's parents were grateful that there was somewhere for her to go and be safe, they "enrolled" her and she has been flourishing ever since.

9. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

All right, I think yours is fine zorell. I just have a question about your character's power called beacon. Is it something that grants her super strength in addition to her laser power is it just a more powerful version of her standard form?

10. zorell

zorell New Member

NO super-strength, it actually drains her. She is simply a floating light, useless even when she descends, it only works if her body is convinced of eminent death.

11. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Name: William Cordell

Codename: Shift

Height: 5''11
    Mascot: No
    Appearance: Brown haired, with a middle sized build (not muscular), he's forgettable, and has no remarkable characteristic except for the heavy sized bags under his eyes.
    Mutant Abilities: Stops all and every electrical synapse in the brains of everyone in a modifiable area of effect stopping them in their tracks, the maximum are being around 15 cubic feet (that's in all directions, right? I'm not very comfortable with the imperial system). The maximum duration of the effect lasts 54 seconds, but can be stopped early, and from the point of view of anyone on the receiving end, no time would have passed, similar to a black out*. If he were to move during this 54 second period, people would see him vanish.

Limits & Weaknesses: He is physically weak and a pathetically slow runner. Further worsened by his heart condition (see below).

Bio: The first time it happened, he was 12 years old, and he had been playing soccer. Everyone in the field had stopped running, landing violently, some of the other kids lost balance and fell. He didn't notice until after he scored that no one tried to stop him. He felt so fatigued and exhausted from about 10 seconds of using his power, that he didn't want to play anymore. No that they would let him, anyway. In the next few months, he figured how to trigger the effect, and did what any other 12 year old kid would have done. He scored A's on all his test, got moved up two grades, regularly peeked in the girls locker room, beat up anyone who dared try to bully without them noticing, and consecutively won his districs soccer tournament. By his high school graduation, at 15, he was to be accepted into an Ivy League school with a full scholarship, thanks to a law firm interested in the little 'prodigy'.

Then the disease showed up. His heart was failing. Every time he pushed the 'halt', as he called it, too hard, he couldn't feel his left arm, and his chest started pounding, begging him to stop. He, once an 'A' student and future Ivy Leaguer, devolved into the lazy, bored and cynical person he is at the time of this writing.

He tried to disclose the ability to his friends, who classified him as a 'D&D nerd' and to his catholical parents, who didn't believe him, and asked him to stop speaking such nonsense. His neiborhood priest did took him seriously, and told him about a 'cure', that he was infected with the devil's curse. His parents believed the priest.

Having grown disgusted of a life where he had to earn his accomplishments, he escaped to a less rural area, a big city. Finding a place to stay wasn't hard, neither was finding food and commodities. He made some side money by selling the things he stole, but eventually got involved with the wrong kind of people. Sold a 90 thousand dollar car to the leader of a gang, who tried to escape with the car. He didn't get far, though, but he recognized Cordell as something else than a shady salesman, he recognized him as brother. The gang was home to a few runaway mutants, and the rest were simply low life thugs. For the time it lasted, it was a good life. But then the riots came. People revolted. Mutants prosecuted. Books were burned. Some gangs died, some dissolver and some stayed underground.

Cordell had no choice but to turn to what he had previously been denied because of his illness: a proper school for him.

*: Better explained here: You look at the clock 'oh, it's 9:53', you look again and 'what?! it's 9:59?! with no discernable time passing between the two looks.

12. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

Name: Quentin Whitney

Codename: Magus

Height: 5'9

Mascot: no...

Appearance: scrawny build... fade, brown eyes, brown skin... black suit with blue gloves and boots...

Mutant Abilities: ability to make decoys of himself(not like Multiple Man)... and let's go with an electric blast...

Limits & Weaknesses: his decoys take his form, and even give the illusion he's dying, but he's always in the vicinity after using it(he can't go to another location)... the blast is moderate... if i had to compare his blast power, it's on the level of Jubilee, maybe a little stronger... very low physical strength...

Bio: born with his abilities... learned about it when a racist group tried to lynch him(he was 15)... the group tried to shoot him, and he created a decoy and watched the decoy gunned down before his eyes from around the corner of a building... once in the School for Gifted Mutants, he discovered his blast when he was angry at a classmate... before the abilities, he had an average lifestyle for a kid(video games, mall, sports, skirts)...

13. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

All right, both of your profiles are approved. I'll take a couple more before we get started.

14. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

All right, it begins. If anyone else would like to enter please post your profile in the discussion thread and I can arrange for your entry if we have already started on a mission. If we have not, then just post your profile here and join.

In the suburban hills of Winchester, New York sits a large brick building decorated with shrubbery of the finest green and an enormous fountain that rests at the center of its smoothly paved driveway. A gold plate at its entrance reads: Xavier’s Institute for Gifted Youngsters. Through the lower window of the east wing, sits a young woman with long brown hair and brilliant blue eyes. She sits before a group of children from the ages of 10-12 all seated at wooden desks. Her crossed legs are draped with a burgundy skirt and her size C breasts are covered in a matching sweater and a white lab coat.

In her hands is an open textbook with the words “Fundamentals of Algebra 3rd Edition” written on it. She closes the book.

“All right, that’s all we have for today. Do the problems on page 180 and bring it back tomorrow,” says Matilda Wyrmwood and the students rise from their desks, some of them packing their things before exiting.

Matilda sits back in her chair and holds her head back. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

“X-Men, come forth,”

So, basically what you are to do is describe what your character is doing before I called them and then make your way to my current position. Let's start off easy.

15. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

"Huh?!" William shouted as he woke up, surprised. "Uh?"

He looked around but found no one. A few seconds passed before he realized it had been a telepathic call. He hadn't quite gotten used to people being able to do that, privacy was gone out the window. He sat in his bed, and without getting up, got the clothes he kept in one side of the bed. He put on a dark blue T-shirt and left his black jeans on. His room was small in comparison to what he was used to, but that didn't bother him so much, and it was a plus given that the room had his own air conditioner, making it easy for the room to get cold. He stood up, picking up his gloves on the way out, turned off the lights and left to meet the leader of the X-Men, Matilda.

He still thought it was rude to wake someone up, even if by telepathy.

16. zorell

zorell New Member

Llilith sat in her unlit room, reading her phsycology book by the glow of her own face. She had finally found the answer she had been searching for through these many years, why the others, the ones without mutations seemed so afraid of those that possessed. She scanned her room for a pen and paper, she had to mark this down! But they seemed to hide from her. She wished she had telekenesis like some of her peers, she could just will them to her, but all she was a lantern.

"X-Men, come forth." Headmistress' words floated to her and thoughts of pens and paper quickly subsided.

She marked her page by turning the book on its current page and laying it on her pillow, "I'll return for you, don't forget me."

She adjusted her glasses and walked to her door, grabbbing her coveted blue jacket on the way, she was one of the special children, being taught to follow in the footsteps of Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Xavier himself. She had no intentions of letting them down. Making her way down the hall, she collided with many bodies as they all rushed from their various classes unaware of her.

Llilith was used to this. Despite the thrumming swarm, she arrived at the classroom in due time. "Hello, Headmistress Wrymwood." She bowed, she knew it wasn't the proper protocol, but she enjoyed being able to use the gesture.

17. sprb_skrbblz

Danger Room drills. Most of them are rather fun, but this one... not so much. A defensive drill, in which Quentin must dodge death by way of Sentinels. Hiding around the corner of a building, he recalls his first memory of an X-man: Archangel saving a lady from a very steep fall.

Without her screaming for one, he knew she was in need of a savior, and he was there. After he finished the heroic deed, the lady repaid him with derogatory remarks about his God given abilities, as if she would make him feel bad for having the gifts to save her. Quentin never saw the logic in that. Snap out of it, Quentin.

A Sentinel ray whizzed by his body, nearly cleaning him out. It isn't called the Danger Room for nothing. He shook the thought out of his head and ran in a zigzag pattern, trying with all his might to avoid being blasted by his gigantic opposition.

“X-Men, come forth,” she said.

Quentin recognized that voice. Her dimensions were etched in his brain's mainframe. A smile crept up on his face before a Sentinel gunned him down. Right in the back. He watched it happen from behind the Sentinel.

"Stop program," he said.

He darted out of the Danger Room and ran through the halls to meet up with the best looking teacher he's ever had. Speak of the devil, as soon as he walks in, he's met by a set of long, endless legs. He allows his eyes to rise and capture his mentor's full silhouette, bringing a smile to the normally mature 17 year old.

"Good morning, Ms. Wyrmwood."

18. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

“All right that seems like everyone. I apologize for calling you by telepathy, but this is important. I have discovered something very disturbing yesterday and I am sure some of you already know about it. Senator Joseph Kelly has been murdered. It seemed that he was poisoned while attending a luncheon conference at his home state in Pennsylvania. The media has not found out whether it was a human or a mutant that killed him, but it is sure that his murder was an act on the mutant rights.”

“He was in the senate for fifteen years and was for mutant rights and believed that ultimately humans and mutants would have to settle their differences and learn to respect one another. He had hoped to convince the senate to try to get a mutant bill established and approved by the president, but unfortunately, of course, this had happened.”

19. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Edit: Oops seems like my computer accidentally posted twice, could a mod please delete this.

20. sprb_skrbblz

Quentin was shocked to hear of the Senator's untimely demise. Not only was he one of the younger men in office, he was actually in favor of mutant rights. He will be dearly missed by many.

"Soooo... who do you believe killed Senator Kelly, Ms. Wyrmwood?"

21. zorell

zorell New Member

The news was unsettling to her, this man was known to be a friend to the mutants. They had even taken a trip to one of his campaign rallies, had heard the words from his own mouth, he was for all mankind, human, mutant, ALL.

Llilith took a seat near the headmistress, "Yes, as Quentin asked, what are your thoughts on the event?"

22. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

He hadn't heard of the senator, never mind his murder, but it was to be expected, as he loathed news. But the man was against the oppression of mutants, and as the saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. A fleeting thought of doubt passed through his head.

"Wait, we don't know who killed him, or even if he was mutant? Then how do we know he was killed by someone with a mutant or anti mutant agenda? Wouldn't it be simpler to assume he was killed by something else entirely? Angry wife? Public enemy? Younger politicians aspiring for his job?" He asked, but regretted as soon as he finished: he felt as if everyone was watching him with a most certainly not pleased face. "...Ms. Wyrmwood."

23. zorell

zorell New Member

William had a point, and Llilith agreed with its merits. "But, why would we not investigate, even if this is of no mutant involvement? Do you honestly be lieve it won't become so?" Her glasses were slipping again, so she simply took them off, only to return them so that she could see what was around her.

24. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

"Well, wouldn't it be best to wait until something else happens? Right now, all we have is a murdered senator. I think we're being too rash here. Why not let the police do the ground work first, and then, based on their conclusion, investigate further? Certainly the police won't be happy with a dead senator and will cooperate even with us, right?" His eyes were closing themselves, most likely because he hadn't slept very much. He wanted to sit, but all the seats were taken. Would it be rude t-- Yes, yes it would, he thought to himself, suck it up.

25. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Mellona was sitting in a class lecture. When he had heard the telepathic call. It wasn't like he could leave the classroom at that moment. The woman was crazy people had lives. Okay maybe it wasn't his lecture and he really wasn't in school, but it was fun to sneak into community colleges and high schools. Hiding under the desk that no one was using of course. Because if they were being used then people would notice him right away.
    The bell ring now he could leave. But he certainly wasn't in a hurry, the call and plea for her X Men weren't strong enough.
    Mellona laughed a little and people stared.
    "Found my pen," he told them.
    They stared at his heavily makeup face and thought nothing of it. Mellona smiled once again. Then again he may be timed by that woman. She liked doing that timed her members. He hated when that happened. He wasn't Super Speed or Grease Lightning. He was just him. Mellona cackled again. Mellona walked passed the park, the actual building for the X Men wasn't that far from the college, that he had came into. He just liked pushing her buttons sometimes.
    He walked in when she revealed the most important information. He was sort of late for the briefing, but was able to catch a little bit of the story.
    "Oh...how horrible," he said using the hand gesture of cry in sign language he laughed, "So who we going to beat up today?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.