1. Felicia

Felicia New Member

Link between murder and abandoned house?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Felicia, Oct 31, 2016.

Hello, so I'm planning to make a comic and I have been thinking about the plot. I don't want to ramble about it here but basically a man jumps from a castle window making it look as though it was a suicide but his wounds indicate he might have been beaten. Later the police finds a shovel in an abandoned house and realise his wounds coincide with it/ there was dna on it. Does this seem like a plausible explanation to connect the house and the murder? It's going to be a supernatural sort of story and I want the connection because one of the characters will be doing paranormal research on that house when a detective catches her (the house is off limits) and eventually asks for her help on the case.

2. Megs33

Megs33 Active Member

I, as the reader, would probably consider it a stretch. Any murderer worth his salt would probably try to get the shovel as far away from the scene of the crime as possible. It doesn't seem plausible that it would be enough of a connection to the house either. Now if there were blood spatter on a wall consistent with what police suspect is a shovel to the face, that would definitely change things. Maybe there's a weird ding on the shovel that's consistent with a gouge in a wall or something?

3. X Equestris

X Equestris Contributor Contributor

I think this could work. A murderer would probably take steps to makes sure there was no DNA on the shovel, but they might ignore a ding, dent, or chip.

4. Felicia

Felicia New Member

thank you for your replies, that sort of idea was really useful, I am still not sure whether it will be a shovel or something else. To be honest I haven't figured out exactly how this is going to play... Do you think it would be a stretch for the police to be investigating the house or is it normal to investigate surrounding areas where a murder weapon might have been dumped?

5. X Equestris

X Equestris Contributor Contributor

It's normal to search the surrounding area. Sometimes a relatively large surrounding area. Dumpsters would be prime targets for said search, if that's of any help.

6. Felicia

Felicia New Member

okay thank you!! :D