1. Sy_B

Sy_B New Member

So, how much can you post?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Sy_B, Nov 14, 2010.

I joined a month ago and have yet to post...that's sad :p

To tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure what each board does yet. This topic might even be in the wrong place lol.

Anyway, my question is "If we're not supposed to be posting pieces of our stories for review, how much of it can we post? Word count? Plot Significance?"

Oh, another question, where should ask for help on setting a time/place loosely based in history?

2. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

You can post pieces of writing in the Writing Workshop. You must complete the requierments before posting your work. Also if you plan to have that piece published only post small excerpts or pieces you don't intend to publish.

That would be in the Plot Creation forum, and maybe it's subforum Research.

3. Sy_B

Sy_B New Member

Hey thanks Unit, I just asked my question in that forum. I'll try to post here more often now. So...what exactly counts as an "excerpt"?

4. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

A paragraph or two of what you've written.

Keep it VERY short. The issues are 1) potential for plagarism (99.999% of people here are way nice and would never dream of it, but you never know; it is the Internet) and 2) Publishers do not like to publish work that's available elsewhere for free.

Usually the issues with writing lay in the writing style; grammar errors, too much passive voice, purple-prose everywhere, wordiness, etc.

These errors can be detected and corrected with only a paragraph or two of the writing.

For larger things, like a plot hole or a problem with character development, just describe the problem and post it on the Character Development or Plot Creation boards.

I hope I helped, and welcome to Writing Forums. :)