1. NickKrig

NickKrig Active Member

New rules?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by NickKrig, Apr 26, 2012.

I used to post here all the time, but the last few times I have been here the posting rules seemed to have changed. It used to be you had to leave two constructive criticisms, and then you could post. I have left three in the short story section and this rule seems not to apply. Is there certain regulations now? I also could not find where posting rules were stated so if someone would guid me there if you do not feel like answering me that would be great.

2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

It's a bug we've experienced after the software upgrade. It should be fixed within a week, hopefully.

3. superpsycho

superpsycho New Member

You can post now. It seems it's fixed, unless you've disabled the feature.

4. Daniel

Ya, I decided to disable it. Everyone should still post two reviews for every new workshop thread they create.

5. superpsycho

superpsycho New Member

If it was an update that overwrote the code, often just reinstalling the mod will fix it, unless they changed the module itself to much. It usually does a check before installing that tells you if the mod will install correctly. I take it you're not a PHP programmer.

6. Daniel

Nope, not a programmer, I only know bits and pieces. The problem is that the mod was written for vb 3.8 and we are now on vb 4.0, which is a pretty big difference.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Note that the requirement is still two Constructive Critiques per posted piece of writing. If we see someone posting writing without posting sufficient adequate critiques, the thread will be closed. It will then be the poster's responsibility to provide a list of links to constructive critiques sufficient for the number of critique threads created.

Please do not provide such a list if your thread has not been closed. The mods don't need to pre-approve your posting, and don't have so much free time as to seek out extra work.

However, the mods do notice who is dashing off meaningless replies just to build up a "critique count". You may fool whatever software controls are in place, but the mods know who is putting in a real effort and who is trying to get around the system.