1. homerjoe

homerjoe New Member

Literatus Agency Vivian Hall

Discussion in 'Agent Discussion' started by homerjoe, Apr 21, 2010.

Does anyone know about this agency/agent? Is there a site I can go to check agents out, see who they represent, etc.?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Preditors & Editors does not say anything about the agent or the agency. That site is usually a good starting point. A google search was somewhat ore fruitful, using the search keywords Literatus Agency Vivian Hall. But I didn't search in detail for reliable recommendations.

Also try adding keywords like complaints or lawsuits or scam, to find clients who may be unhappy with the agency.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's a single agent agency... her website [ http://theliteratusagency.com/ ]is attractive, but has an amateurish 'feel' to it... and her being in alaska does not make her a good bet for an agent, as in-person meetings with publishers and producers are a must, to do the schmoozing and networking that's necessary to get the best deals for clients...

4. novelists

novelists New Member

Never publish with Vivian Hall.

First of all, her English is horrendous. Second, she is a very ill-mannered individual.

Stay well away from her agency!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I see plenty of anger here, but not much in the way of facts. Can you be more specific, please?

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto that!

popping up here with a single post and that only aimed at maligning someone who's just been mentioned raises a big, red flag... makes me wonder if the poster had established a googlewatch on that agent's name, so all mentions of it could be similarly responded to... if no proof can be offered, charges made here are borderline libel, imo...