1. T.V.Ebanks

T.V.Ebanks New Member

Literary Agents Searching and Deciding. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by T.V.Ebanks, Jun 14, 2010.

Hello,

I've been searching up Literary Agents for a while but the only problem is I don't really know what genre of book I am writing. Sounds pathetic, but there's more than one genre in it. Can someone help me decide whattype of book it is?

Here are the things that make the different genres:

• Two teenagers fall in love (Romance)

• They have the power of Telepathy and the boy also has the power of Telekinesis.(Sci-Fi?)

• Based around teenage life (Young Adult Fiction)

• There's a security group called "OneNationSecurity" which has a prison/experimental lab called Sector 9 where they are capturing all of the telepaths. The boy talks to a little girl who has the same power and is in Sector 9 with the other captives and he has to save them all and fight off the soldiers of OneNationSecurity. (Action/Adventure?)

• Some of the characters have issues and go through problems (Drama?)

I want to keep the book in the Romance & Young Adult Fiction genres. I don't want to make it sound fake, but a believable story, sorta like the Twilight series. And I would like to know, if I have all of these genres would I still be able to get a romance literary agent as long as the story is mostly based on Romance and Young Adult Fiction?

Thanks in Advance!

2. natsuki

natsuki Active Member

I think the genre is Paranormal Romance, isn't it?

I don't have any experience with agents or anything like that, but I normally see books like yours classified as that.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i agree about the genre being paranormal romance, but you'd still have to preface that with 'YA' to let them know what market it's targeting...

4. T.V.Ebanks

T.V.Ebanks New Member

Thanks.