1. baillie

baillie New Member

Lee Child and Jack Reacher...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by baillie, Oct 1, 2009.

Does anyone read Lee Child books? What do you think of them? What do you make of Lee Childs writing style?

I have read every Jack Reacher novel (Lee Childs main character) and loved the books. The more recent ones aren't as good as the earlier ones, but still worth a read.

2. Hollowly

Hollowly Member

My dad likes to read these, and re-read them. He really enjoys them. I haven't read any of them myself though.

3. baillie

baillie New Member

You should pick one up and read it sometime. You ever see "First Blood" starring Sylvester Stallone? Well, Lee Childs books are alot like that.

There immense. Ok the actual writing is a bit basic, but the stories just put a smile on your face!

4. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

I've read them all and generally liked Child's characterization and exciting plotlines, though I, unfortunately, found his last one a bit contrived and...well, tired. He did say in an interview, however, that he'd probably kill off Reacher when he feels there's nowhere else to go. Maybe he needs to take a break and move on to greener pastures.