Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Red

Miss Red Member

Little Red Study Room

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Miss Red, Sep 19, 2014.

Introduction
    About the author
    I am an American, half native Alaskan introvert, seeking the stars while guided by the midnight summer sun. I'll be celebrating my birthday in early December, when the pale, golden rays are diluted by winter festivity. I've been writing for fun for a long time, but only recently did I really begin my journey as an author, following the dawn as it lead me on my quest. Online, I learned to flourish with my writing and I learned a lot of about myself through the net. While uncooperative and somewhat misleading at best, I can be hard to collaborate with, and many mistakes were made before I realized this.
    I have an open mind and I like learning about new and different things, but I have the temper of my mom. I grew up modest and shy, in a less then fortunate family. I taught myself most of what I know, and I do my own research online.

Thus, I never really sought out friends. Online, I rarely seek the company of others. All my questions can be answered with a two second google search, and most of what I need to know is easy to find. Even in real life, I struggled to find friends, mostly because I grew up so sheltered. I have very little experience in social situations, which presently leaves me very shy and home bound.
    Regardless, I'm a writer at heart, and I have so much I want to explore in the writing world. In the future, maybe when I'm middle age and living a life on my own, perhaps I'll seek out traditional publishing, or try to start my own publishing company. Either way, writing is something I greatly enjoy, and I've always wanted a place to sort out all my work.

In real life, I mix my daily schedule with helping homeschool and take care of my younger sibling. Along with that, I can also cook, garden and do other creative hobbies, such as drawing and painting.
    In the digital sphere, I can do some graphic design and I love playing the computer video game, Minecraft. I've thought of photography and modeling, but meh. : P
    I've also been interested in directing, but I'm not sure. I do some webdesign, but very little.

About the goals
    My biggest goal is to finally write down everything that keeps me up all night, screaming quests and characters and settings in my head. To finally silence that nonsense, and to finally see my work in text on a screen, or in print on paper. Anything to finally puke out all the stories I want to tell and get them out there, so I won't have to think about them all day.
    My second goal is to polish and perfect the stories over time, to clean up inconsistencies and to really have treasures to be proud of. Then I could be free to draw and doodle and create artwork for it all, and compile extensive maps, histories, cultures and timelines for them, because why not?
    After that, I guess it would be time to start figuring out how the hell I'll publish it. Of course, the main reason is just to satisfy my need to tell the story the way I want too. I yearn to read the story that I craved for so long, but it's taking such a long time to get there. But after that, it would be a shame to just keep it for myself.

I would love to make the most of my planned titles available as ebooks, online. It would be immensely and painfully stupid to completely ignore the massiveness and hyperactivity of the internet. I could reach far and wide across the globe with my stories and planned titles, if I worked hard enough. So the first stepping stone will always be digital releases.
    I might save half (or more) of my works for digital releases, and I could save the rest of my work for the future, as physical books from traditional publishers, once I learn who's out there and what they do.

The marketing?
    My marketing is already in progress. It's slow and I'm terribly unreliable, but I'm experimenting, and figuring out what works. Plus, If I were a reader reading my work, I would love to read some of that for free. I write (and plan to do so for a long time) for free on other websites, like fanfiction archives and in the future, other places where I can write, display and platform for free.
    (Finding the right website where I'm allowed to write original stories AND be allowed to spam links to my stuff every where is always such a difficult search.)

In conclusion
    The conclusion? I'm a passionate writer who has a lot of work to do, but a lot of optimism for her career ahead. I got a lot I want to do and plenty I still have in store after all this gets sorted out, so who knows. Maybe I won't even make it half way.
    The main goal for these posts and this thread is just a place where I can sort through my work, organize what I want to be doing, and have a thread to link back too for some of the straggling fans in my AO3 and Tumblr communities. Somewhere that they can see why I'm busy, why I'm not writing and where I'm hiding.

Plus, if I get this sorted out, perhaps I'll be able to figure out how much more stuff I might need, and learn how to stay consistent across different media channels and vendors online.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sections
    Projects - Novels

Projects - Fanfiction

Projects - Other

Usernames and Pseuds - Identity History

Website Research

Website Projects - History and Plans

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Links
    Archive of our own | CarolAndNella

- Dozens of short to medium length stories, featuring Vampire Knight, the Batman Arkham games and various bands from rock and pop culture.

Google Plus | Carol Scarlette
    - The latest news, updates and links to awesome stuff. Also a place where I might post random stuff.

Tumblr | Carol Scarlette, Frozen Roses District
    - Short stories, updates, links, sneak peeks and lots of awesome stuff. Also, a comic will be posted here in the future.

Smashwords | Carol Scarlette (No awesome stuff yet)
    - Full length adventure stories, dramas and fantasy novels.

I also had a Patreon page and a Facebook page, but meh. : P

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Warnings
    I write a mix of different genres, and for now, it will almost always be fictional. Fantasy, dark fantasy, modern fantasy, adventure, science fiction, drama, romance and erotica. I'm awful at poetry and my non-fiction opinions are Jell-O.

Also, I DO NOT write for kids. I write almost strictly for teens and adults. While I make it a point to never cuss or swear in stories and in writing unless completely necessary, I DO like to explore different sexualities in writing. Keep this in mind.
    The most PG works I have are targeted to an audience between 15 and 20.
    The most mature of my writing is aimed at audiences between 18 and 28. (Though more specifically at adults between 20 and 24.)

A lot of my fanfiction right now are my best examples of how I write. However, almost all of them as of now range from erotic to graphically sexual in context.

I plan to write a lot of vampire related stories. I PROMISE IT WON'T SUCK.

A lot of the stuff is under construction. Please do not post any replies just yet while I compile the rest of the sections in the study.
    : )​

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. Miss Red

Miss Red Member

Projects - Novels
    Full length stories, book series and beautiful works of literature.

Projects - Fanfiction
    Ranging from short stories, mini-series and novellas. Usually featuring Anime/Manga, Video Games or real-person-fiction.

Projects - Other
    Bits and bobs. Comics, artwork, other stuff.

Usernames and Pseuds - Identity History
    All the conflicting stuff I want to do, and how I want to cleanly seperate it all.

Website - Research
    Awesome-shmawesome websites with in depth reviews. Website tools for development, website communities for sharing and displaying work, critiquing and reviewing websites, ebook vendors and blogs.

Website Projects - History and Plans
    All of my digital ideas and web design hobbies.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.