1. ZafiriAthena

ZafiriAthena New Member

Location Help

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by ZafiriAthena, Aug 18, 2011.

I've already broken the first rule of writing: write what you know. A good chunk of my novel takes place in London, where I have never been, so I need a little help.
    Most of my primary characters are wealthy, so I need ideas on what parts of London, or outside, they would live. Once I have a few places to go on, I can handle the research part from there. I just need something to start with. :)

2. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

West London, probably. (I live in london myself) But to make things easier, you could just not mention what town they're in so it doesn't need to be accurate. (Unless it's apart of the story) but culture...that's another thing.

1 person likes this.
  3. ZafiriAthena

ZafiriAthena New Member

That's exactly my problem, I have no idea where to start! Location isn't that much of a focus, but when I mention something I want it to be accurate. Giving me just a hint will point me in the right direction, so thank you. :)

4. CH878

CH878 Active Member

As Youniquee says, west london is the most likely place if your characters are wealthy. I got these areas off a website for you:

1 Knightsbridge, 2 Belgravia, 3 Chelsea, 4 Kensington, 5 Mayfair, 6 Holland Park, 7 South Kensington, 8 Hampstead, 9 St John's Wood, 10 Regent's Park

5. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Knightsbridge, Camden, Chelsea, or Kensington, I'd imagine. Anywhere on the northern and western fringes, too. Or, if they're incredibly wealthy (anything from a couple of million to tens of billions) then Mayfair. Chisick if they're just moderately wealthy: say a couple of sports cars and a holiday home in St Tropez.

6. ZafiriAthena

ZafiriAthena New Member

Thanks, y'all! This is super helpful!