1. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

The Wiz

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fantasy girl, Jul 9, 2009.

A few months ago I auditioned for the school performance of The Wiz and I found out that I got the part of Dorothy.

When I found out I had got the part, I was over the moon, but yesterday my music teacher gave me a couple of the songs I need to learn, one of them is a solo called Home, and gets quite high at the end, but the other one is a duet that I have to sing with the lion and OMG it is so high, about an octave over my vocal range.

There is this one note at the end and I sware it is like a high C or A and I cringe when I hear it as it is so high.

How Miss White expects me to get the notes in this song I have know idea.

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Use your diaphragm?

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hopefully Miss White is a competent voice coach.

4. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

If you have to, you can transcribe and drop it an octave...as an alto...I sympathize with not being able to get the high notes.

5. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Hiddennovelist: i have had vocal lessons before its just my range is not as wide as some peoples.

Cogito: Miss White isn't she can' sing to save her life (her words) but one of her friends, Leslie is an amasing singer and dose the vocal lessons at school.

Carmina: thanks for the sympathy :) Miss white said we can drop the whole song down an octave but it is one of those songs where if you do that the lower notes are too low. I hate the stupid song

6. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I'm sorry, I was totally kidding. I, too, can sympathize. Not only am I an alto, but I have a very limited range even for that...so I used to hear "use your diaphragm" a lot. Always made me roll my eyes a little. You really think I'm not using it?

7. arron89

arron89 Banned

You could force the entire cast and orchestra to change the key....but unless you have a competent composer/orchestrator on hand....