1. JonBryans

JonBryans New Member

Looking for a Co-writer...

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by JonBryans, Feb 26, 2008.

Hello all,

My name is Jon and I am looking for a co-writer for a series of young adult novels based my my property.

I am a writer myself, but my focus in Scripting for animation. I cannot write a novel myself. I have the first book completely plotted out and premise developed for seven more books.

I am looking for someone with experience writing for the 8 to 15 years demographic. I would like to read samples.

Please contact me by PM. <email address removed by Cogito>

No disrespect meant, only serious writers need reply.

I sincerely thank you all for your time. I will read all samples first and then I will contact the writer of choice.

Best of luck to all.

Jon

2. WriterJohnB

WriterJohnB Senior Member

This is awfully vague. Are you looking for someone to write on spec or are you talking money up front, or what? "Your property?" Established or purely speculative? If you don't want to put that info up on the forum, message me. I'm an established, published writer. I've submitted to people unknown to me, in the past, and experienced disastrous results. So I'm pretty cautious about who sees my work.

JohnB

http://www.johnbushore.com

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I have to second that. No one should send samples of their work to an email address without knowing exactly with whom they are dealing. I'm removing the email address from the above post. If members wish to contact Jon, they may do so via PM, but I recommend against sending samples.

Jon, there are posted samples of most members' writing. This request borders on advertising, which MUST be cleared through the site owner, Lpspider, in advance.

4. LinRobinson

LinRobinson Banned

You chances of finding somebody who is a good writer but has no ideas of their own (even if they are lame ideas) is unlikely, Jon.

My sugestion, which seems like a natural: do a graphic novel instead. Grab some hot young artist off deviantart and put together a proposal for Dark Horse...or go your own route at Ka Pow.

5. JonBryans

JonBryans New Member

Thank you one and all for viewing this post. I have been very lucky to find someone who is interested in my project.

Sincerely

Jon Bryans

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

glad to hear you found a taker, jon... but don't forget to have a collaboration contract in place, before writing a single word together, as there are loads of horror stories out there about 'partners from hell'... you can find a sample contract at wga...

http://www.wga.org/uploadedFiles/writers_resources/contracts/collaboration.pdf

best of luck with your work... hugs, maia

7. JonBryans

JonBryans New Member

My licensing and literary agents are drafting one right now.

Thank you for the advice and looking out for my best interest.