1. rasmanisar

rasmanisar Active Member

Looking for a critic (or two).

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by rasmanisar, Jun 23, 2015.

So, I've finished university, and finally have no more excuses left to avoid putting some attention to my writing. As such, I'm looking for a couple of folk willing to spare a little time to take a glance at some excerpts of a project I've been bringing together, and am hoping to make some regular progress on in the coming months.

Why ask on a forum rather than family, friends? I want honesty! I've been privy to some good feedback from this forum, some praising, some scathing. I know which one has made more difference to my writing. I tend to write a little more modestly now, a little less pretentiously - and I'd like to continue that in my future writing.

The project I'm working on is fiction, fantasy; my first and truest literature love. I'm trying to emulate my favourite authors from my childhood, and write a world that immerses the reader. I'm aiming for twists and turns, adventure and excitement, darkness and destiny.

If this sounds like your kind of thing, throw me a message! I appreciate it's a cheeky ask, but I would really appreciate some feedback.

2. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Can't you just put it in the workshop?

3. rasmanisar

rasmanisar Active Member

Ahh, my favourite shredder-of-writing. I'm holding this one a little closer to my chest so would prefer for it not be out on the public stage. If I've got a plot device I want to test to a wider audience I'll work it into a short story and post to public, but for the moment I'm keeping this one under wraps - hence the specific request for readers :)

Already had one offer!

4. rasmanisar

rasmanisar Active Member

Two offers already! I definitely didn't expect such a rapid response. That'll do nicely for now, I'll post up if I need more opinions!

5. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

I have nothing constructive to add: just thought I'd share that whenever I see this thread title, I start singing it to the tune of 'You've got to pick a pocket or two'...

:whistle: Looking for a critic or two, boooooy, you've got to get a critic or twooooo.

Ahem.

rasmanisar likes this.
  6. rasmanisar

rasmanisar Active Member

This was constructive for my soul.

7. Tim3232

Tim3232 Active Member

But now you've put this tune in my head with mixed up words

You've got to pick a cricket or twoooo.

8. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

:whistle: Welcome to my hell!