1. cazann34

cazann34 Active Member

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by cazann34, Jul 21, 2014.

Can anyone recommend a good detective novel set in the 1950's? Can I be clear and say novels that are set in the 1950's and not written in the 1950's. Thanks.

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

James Ellroy has written a few - the only one I read was the Black Dahlia. I can't remember it, as I read it back when I was thirteen, after they were rehashing the Black Dahlia murder case on a Hunter episode.

3. Samantha21

Samantha21 New Member

The Bradshaw Mystery by John Waddington-Feather. I am in love with this. By far the best detective fiction. I have bought the book from Amazon and got the discount too by using http://www.cuponation.com.au/amazon-coupon. I am just sharing my experience though I am sure you will love this novel too. :)

4. deviouspooka

deviouspooka Member

Agatha Christie. She wrote a lot of mystery books, from hard-boiled detective to cozy detective style. While I know that she wrote in the 1950's, most of her books (at least the ones I've read) were set in present for the time, so she should meet your requests for something set in the 1950's. She's a really great read, with lots of fun twists in her stories!