1. chazzo

chazzo New Member

Looking for film ideas that would never happen?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by chazzo, Apr 16, 2016.

Hello everyone has to forum, love writing and taking a try at Amateur film making... Any ideas of far out films Hollywood would never do

2. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

I would say a film about a waterspout that lifts sharks out of the ocean and drops them in Los Angeles, but history has proven otherwise.

123456789 and Oscar Leigh like this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Yeah, the one where the protagonist does not get the girl. James Bond is gay, that would be unlikely. :p IDK. :D

chazzo likes this.
  4. Wayjor Frippery

Wayjor Frippery Contributor Contributor

A black and white action-thriller shot in the style of Luis Buñuel with a soundtrack recorded in abattoir about the POTUS outsourcing American military operations to Iran.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  5. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

A good Dune movie...

chazzo and Isabel like this.
  6. LostThePlot

LostThePlot Naysmith Contributor

Never say never man. Hollywood is utterly shamelessly corporate. It wasn't so long ago that super hero movies were damn near toxic. Times change.

Now, if you want to talk about movies that couldn't be made for reasons of taste rather than capitalism; I always though a Rocky-esque movie where instead of training montages you get montages of him beating his wife (to the same soundtrack) had a certain something.

JD Anders likes this.
  7. AndrewA

AndrewA Member

Alien invasion , aliens can absorb metals and fire and thrive on nuclear energy. Kid with Airsoft gun shoots at one and kills it instantly. Turns out the plastic is poisionous, cue invasion being seen off by airsoft and bb gun owners.

8. United

United Member

A film about a man and a woman who meet on a ocean liner. They fall in love and share remarkable moments and memories on-board. Unfortunately the ship eventually crashes into an iceberg, breaking in half before finally sinking into the ocean.

After the crash, the man and the woman desperately try to hold onto each other, grabbing onto the leftover debris of the sinking ship. There isn't much to hold onto; all that is able to carry a person is a piece of a wooden panel, but only enough for one person---the woman. Ultimately the man dies due to hypothermia, and the woman reluctantly lets him go, crying. The man gently and gracefully sinks into the darkness.

Moments later, rescue finally comes for the woman. BUT WAIT. Oh my god, the man comes back to life and swims back up from the depths of the ocean. The woman is astonished at the sight of his return, slapping herself in the face a few times just to make sure she isn't dreaming. She confirms that it is all real. They share a kiss. They go on to get married and have many children. They live happily ever after.

9. LostThePlot

Continuing the theme of 'actual movies with one thing different' - A movie where a woman relates her tragic past attempting to save her children from the holocaust but in fact she was hiding in a basement in Krakow, has never had children and is living off care packages from a Jewish charity.

10. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

American History I thru IX

11. tonguetied

tonguetied Contributor Contributor

A movie about a guy writing vicariously through a web writing forum.

chazzo, Necronox and Oscar Leigh like this.
  12. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

:D I see what you did there.

13. Oscar Leigh

That's actually been a point of discussion over the last few years. Daniel Craig said he thinks Bond could be made gay in a version because they're always reinventing him anyway.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  14. Oscar Leigh

A movie where the plucky up and coming chef/athelete/actor/whatever tries to rise above the underdog position... but fails miserably for once. And stays that way. Oh, and he's a total arse because not all underdogs are loveable.

A man called Valance likes this.
  15. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

Yeah, but pond edit: Bond is a persona and not a single character - he is a series of spies who's handle name is "james bond". Or at least that how I understood it.... but yeah, can see that happening, though does that mean there will be a bond-guy?

anyway. A film about the complete proliferation of shameless capitalism in hollywood.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  16. Cave Troll

I don't know how Ian Flemming would feel about that, considering he wrote the Bond series of books. :p

17. Oscar Leigh

Hollywood be honest to the public? Never. :p

18. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

Exactly. they'd never do that. He he he....

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  19. Oscar Leigh

When he heard about the idea he freaked. Said it ruined his masculinity or something, I can't remember. Something slightly homophobic. But I don't think that matters. If you're reinventing something you shoudl be allowed to do stuff the creator wouldn't do. As long as it keeps the original spirit and key concepts, why not? Does it make a difference if Bond hooks up with guys instead of women? Except for the social implications. And considering his man-whoring was supposed to be sometimes a little questionable, I think making it something society isn't always comfortable with helps that.

20. Oscar Leigh

I would love to see Bond gay romances. Especially the ones where he actually feels for them substantially, like Vesper.

21. LostThePlot

The problem with a gay Bond particularly is that I think it's crossing the line in what actually makes the character the character. You can reinvent Bond for a new age but it's hard to argue that 'gay is the new straight' as it were. I wouldn't be averse to seeing a Bond who'd seduce a man some time if that's what it took to get the job done; maybe a gay villain with a bunch of gay henchmen and Bond has to get his job done. That kinda works for me, but not a Bond who has been gay his whole life who couldn't equally seduce women the same way.

For better or for worse the way he relates to women is part of who he is as a character and no matter how he's been reinvented he's kept that playboy image and losing that is essentially writing a different character. A new movie series with a gay secret agent? Sure. But not Bond. Say what you will about Bond films of the past but at least they've been good at putting women in confident, sexy self-assured roles.

Edit -

You wouldn't like to see Bond's gay romances. The actual Bond feels nothing for the women he sleeps with. They are a means to an end to him. He is literally half hitman half monk. He doesn't really know what romance is supposed to be. The Bond of the movies has played with that but that's kinda core to him. Everyone close to him dies. It goes with the job. You have to murder in cold blood three men to become a double O.

Cave Troll likes this.
  22. Oscar Leigh

Why does him being gay make him not a playboy? I didn't say less promiscuous. It's just a gender change for his targets.
    I have a character who is a definite, and self-admitted, man-slut with a playful personality who is gay. Does he not have a playboy image?

23. LostThePlot

It's a different kind of character. And of course it does beg questions about how every time he runs into anyone he magically runs into the one henchman who happens to be open to anonymous gay sex. The trope of the hero stealing the bad guys girlfriend (or similar) is an old one but at least it's one that feels like it fits in reality. How many times can you show gay-Bond seducing his way through the gay underworld before we all start asking ourselves how he'd approach taking on some heterosexual criminals?

24. Oscar Leigh

I suppose. Though Bond's girl don't always come from the underworld. Some are other agents or whatever.

25. Cave Troll

No, I am gonna have to agree with @LostThePlot on this whole bond debate. James Bond is the kind of guy that seduces as part of his job, and the sex that comes during/after is just a memento for his efforts. He has never had a girlfriend or a wife. So Ultimately he is a playboy, and is just doing what he has to, to get the job done. Oddly enough, James Bond is the cliche kinda guy that everybody loves. Guys wish they could be him, and well we all know why women want to be with him. :p

So they could have Bond seduce a man, if it was going to help him get the job done. He has all the charisma and charm, as well as the cold distance to do his job for MI6 no problem. Will this scenario ever occur for 007, only time will tell. (Also screen writers). :p

26. Xerclipse

Xerclipse Member

A good live action anime movie